SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
26 Posts
Dodge uses Hemi Orange and Detonator Yellow. Those would have been my choices for the Hellcat if available. I can live with Sublime though. My current Challenger is Hemi Orange and it cleans up surprisingly nice. The Detonator with a bumblebee stripe and black hood would look awesome! I almost bought a Yellowjacket back in 2012. Kinda glad I didn't only because if I had, I probably wouldn't be buying a Hellcat now.

Still have my eye on something in yellow. You can special order the Ram 2500 in detonator, and I'll be needing a new truck soon.

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
1970 Plymouth colors same as Dodge different names
That is too cool. My dad used to have a giant book with all the manufacturers paint chips in it and I would go through it and pick all my favorite colors! It is fun to see that again!:)

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,829 Posts
Vitamin C was a different shade of orange that was available. Tor-Red is Plymouth orange, it's the same as Dodge Hemi orange. I wish that the Tor-Red they offer now was the same as it was in 71. That's what color my 71 Hemicuda is.
Now I am confused. A friend in HS had a Vitamin C AAR Cuda

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
265 Posts
Now I am confused. A friend in HS had a Vitamin C AAR Cuda
Not sure I understand what you are confused about. In 70 they had 4 different colors of orange to choose from as on the color chart above that 70cuda posted. Some of the colors had different names if it was used on a Dodge or a Plymouth but it was the same color for both names.

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Not sure I understand what you are confused about. In 70 they had 4 different colors of orange to choose from as on the color chart above that 70cuda posted. Some of the colors had different names if it was used on a Dodge or a Plymouth but it was the same color for both names.
What are you saying? Chrysler was sending mixed messages on cars?? Whaaaaaa? I can't imagine such a thing happening! LMFAO! :rolleyes:

· Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,768 Posts
1970 Dodge Challenger paint chips,, its hard to read but they have Panther Pink ( was Moline Rogue with Plymouth)

Imagine back then if you did not see the cars, You had to pick your car color off the sample chip

Attachments

· Registered
'15 Challenger SRT Hellcat 2020 hellcat redeye
147 Posts
Watch for new colors in mid year. In my conversations with SRT about the red pearlcoat,it was mentioned that mid year would bring some new choices in paint.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.