SRT Hellcat Forum banner

New Consumer Reports Auto issue out...and Dodge is ranked.......

7K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  CivilEngineer42 
I've never put much faith in what Consumer Reports publishes. I have a few friends and relatives that accept CR as "gospel truth" but I view them as a bunch of lemmings. I think it's hilarious when they are forced to admit a few months after purchase that "maybe CS was wrong this time". Sadly, they get right back in line and jump off the cliff again.

I have personally owned 37 Chrysler vehicles (purchased new) starting with a 1978 Black CĂłrdoba T-Top (400 cid with fine, light gray Corinthian leather) to my most recent purchase, the Hellcat. Other than gas, oil, brakes and other routine maintenance, I've never experienced the reliability issues I hear other people complain about. You should know, that like most people here, I've worked very hard to acquire my toys and am very picky about getting my money's worth. I've owend all Chrysler lines with the exception of the Eagle. My oldest car is my 2001 Yellow Viper GTS (hence my handle). I don't baby my cars, I drive them to max or near max potential. After that many purchases, one would think that my luck had "run out", but in fact, my experience is just the opposite. For the record, (I've posted this before), the worst car I've ever owned is my 2014 Cayman S. It was in service for a total of 36 days in my first year of ownership for various electrical and mechanical issues.

Reactions: Brampton Builder
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.