SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered four ExtremeContact Sport 275/40/20 106Y tires at Engine Dynamics of Newhall, CA on Monday and came in next morning. Price was better than any found online or locally. Tirerack still has back-orders. Having some other work done so won't be installed until Thursday most likely. Factory Pirelli All-Seasons only lasted 19000 miles. No way was I going that route again with the performance and price. As summer tires I expect a big step up in performance. While I don't expect much more in mileage, I am optimistic they will last longer than the Pirelli A/S. Let Brian know that J from the Hellcat forum referred you.

20170207_141609.jpeg 20170207_141640.jpeg 20170207_141500.jpeg 20170207_141537.jpeg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just had the tires installed on yesterday and what a difference. Even with cold tires I have more confidence than before while accelerating through each gear without fear of the rear breaking loose. Today it rained and yet again they impressed. One thing of note, by pulling on the bead, it seems the sidewall is softer on this tire versus the all season Pirelli. So without going through any canyons or looking like an idiot on surface streets and endangering others I can't comment on the response. I also noticed that this tire is a bit wider than the Pirelli of the same size.

IMG_0896.JPG IMG_0897.JPG

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey, hoping you see this! Any update? I too have pirelli all seasons and looking at ECS in stock size ?Though im thinking of just replacing the rears. How many miles you get from them? Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey, hoping you see this! Any update? I too have pirelli all seasons and looking at ECS in stock size ?Though im thinking of just replacing the rears. How many miles you get from them? Thanks
Love, the tires. Perform great dry or wet. I just got new ECS tires with 20,230 miles on the first set of ECS. Should mention that I probably should have replaced them a bit sooner as I was well past the wear bars on the rear and just under them on the fronts.

Recently experienced a lot of rainy days in SoCal and the grip in the wet had faded. It was nothing like the wet-grip you experience during the peak life of the tire.

·
Registered
82 Posts
555rs all the way however if you daily.....feel sorry for your pocket. made me fall in love with the cat all over again. brand new they look like they are already at the wear bars lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts