SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told & over heard while at a party by a dodge engineer talking to other engineers about a project , yes while drinking to the end of SRT that dodge has been hiding the fact they have been working on another demon with a Version of the helelephant engine making around 950hp and that they have already built some of them for testing,the cars are locked away in the same way they did the FORDGT.part of the Conversation was wondering what SRT was going to do with the project now SRT WAS BEING disbanded..
If they get to production is a different story, and if they do it will probably be for the end of the current challenger body style..
These couldn’t of been the current super stock cars since they were released too soon to of been cars still being tested I would think, plus it’s not the demon engine from what was said...
Sure would be cool to see another DEMON limited in either lower number or simply just out into production until they sell out .although it might end up like the corvette convertible, which was never meant to be built again,& ppl tried suing GM over it,lol...

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,790 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,052 Posts
never gonna happen--never.
Based on the fact that the Hellephant sales did so well so quickly, and that they designed the 426 block to fit into any vehicle that currently has a Hellcat motor, they pushed back the redesign, if it weren't for the current strengthening of the EPA by those who shall remain nameless I suspect the newest surge of ELECTRIFY EVERYTHING NOW wouldn't be what it is.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It would be kinda surprising as the hellephant that they sold could only be put in pre-1976 cars because of emissions. So they’d have to fix that (but maybe that’s what they’ve been doing for the last couple of years).

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,747 Posts
Im not saying that OP is right or not but i have been saying for a cpl of yrs now that theyre not going out without a bang. No way does Dodge go away from this wildly popular platform quietly into the electrification night. Dodge is proud to be the king and Ive been saying it for a while now, theyre going to release something as their swan song reminder of that. No idea what but my guess is a final yr of this platform 100k plus adm must have.

·
Demon build date: 2/17/2018 #1531 - My Shy Girl
Challenger SRT Demon
632 Posts
Possible... maybe... but highly doubtful as they've got to begin the retooling effort to hybrid/electric... maybe a hellcat with added boost of electric motor.. but if so, when can I place my order?

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,112 Posts
I'm with Luckydog7, maybe do the best of both worlds and make the EPA nuts happy with an electric option, but still have some sort of high power ICE engine that is coupled with an electric option sorta like the Mclaren P1.

I find it very hard to believe that SRT is just going away, and Stelantis is taking over everything including their mechanical stuff and stock which likely is a plethora of HC powertrains and they're just gonna trash them rather than do some R/D to figure out how to market to all demographics.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,052 Posts
Im not saying that OP is right or not but i have been saying for a cpl of yrs now that theyre not going out without a bang. No way does Dodge go away from this wildly popular platform quietly into the electrification night. Dodge is proud to be the king and Ive been saying it for a while now, theyre going to release something as their swan song reminder of that. No idea what but my guess is a final yr of this platform 100k plus adm must have.
I have also bee saying for YEARS that they wouldn't have spent the R&D on the Hellephant, made it fit every car that has a Hellcat engine in it, delayed the refresh, and made it sound like they were all done. I posted last night about this. SLOWPOKE, I suspect we're right.

Reactions: Slowpoke387

·
Premium Member
9,747 Posts
Possible... maybe... but highly doubtful as they've got to begin the retooling effort to hybrid/electric... maybe a hellcat with added boost of electric motor.. but if so, when can I place my order?
I think they've been planning the retooling for a while now. It's not like they haven't known for the last three or four or more years. And let's face it, Helephant or not, it wouldnt take many changes to throw the hail Mary edition on the way out. Pure profit from past R&D. No brainer really.

Reactions: Luckydog7

·
Challenger SRT Demon
632 Posts
I think they've been planning the retooling for a while now. It's not like they haven't known for the last three or four or more years. And let's face it, Helephant or not, it wouldnt take many changes to throw the hail Mary edition on the way out. Pure profit from past R&D. No brainer really.
If it happens.. after all these years of enjoying Dodge muscle.. how could we not be on line yet again... Maybe they could make it an exclusive edition for Hellcat.org members... C'mon throw us a bone

·
Premium Member
9,747 Posts
If it happens.. after all these years of enjoying Dodge muscle.. how could we not be on line yet again... Maybe they could make it an exclusive edition for Hellcat.org members... C'mon throw us a bone
Agreed. They have automatic sales. The hard part would be deciding whether or not to part with my RE which I got a smoking deal on when I ordered it, just to re-live the whole Demon ADM deal again. I refused to pay it then and waited for the RE. Glad I did. This time however that technique wont work lol. I swore I'd never pay ADM ever...if something big were to happen this would be the last shot really.

·
Challenger SRT Demon
632 Posts
Agreed. They have automatic sales. The hard part would be deciding whether or not to part with my RE which I got a smoking deal on when I ordered it, just to re-live the whole Demon ADM deal again. I refused to pay it then and waited for the RE. Glad I did. This time however that technique wont work lol. I swore I'd never pay ADM ever...if something big were to happen this would be the last shot really.
For sure this would be the last hurrah for pure muscle... I did pay the ADM for the Demon and while there is no look back as its been a thrill every ride... never again...

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,790 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Widebody Redeye
366 Posts
but how do you make a street legal "boom" of a car that's more than a demon but less than a dragpak? or perhaps a detuned dragpak?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
with them selling demon ecm/parts in a crate,could you image a day when it might get so crazy due to v8 demand ,some yrs from now they may sell you a battery on wheels, and the V8blown beast for a buck which just bolts back into the car, due to all the hook ups already in place,cooling etc. giving you a road legal hybrid beast, lol…now that would be a true FU to the epa, lol…
they already have a company which Is producing a complete V8 looking electrical set up all in one to stick under the hood of most cars..I just hate the idea of having to live with a car That’s either too quite ,has a fake engine sound, or is simply atrocious, like fords 1400hp emach ..while it’s cool,I couldn’t live with the sound of the Electric motors and drive line screaming to make that type of power …

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
they need to go after the shipping Industry the same way as they are the cars, change, Maritime laws, forcing them to build and refit tanker ships with different propulsion systems..as one tanker produces the same as emissions as 50million cars,in one yr and 15 tankers produce the same emissions as all the cars in the world..
the epa is simply picking the easiest target, we need national v8 day, and have every hot rodder world wide drive in rally's all over in protest, then use our voting powers to make things fair for all, if we have to loose our v8’s then tankers,and planes should also have to loose their massive emissions producing engines too..if law makers can’t or won’t do it, then vote them out of office…

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,167 Posts
My prediction is if it does happen it’ll be the same exact scenario as the demon with the same exact demon buyers as the first time, only this time with astronomical ADM because they know people will pony up the dough for what it is and what it represents in this particular time in history

1 - 20 of 21 Posts