SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last two months, P4D decided to take a fresh look at the differential brace taking into consideration what has worked, what could be improved, and Dodge's position on warranty. Working with a new mechanical engineer, we started with a blank sheet of paper.
Our goal was two fold:
1) Could we develop a better solution?
2) Could a new solution be more harmonious with the OEM IRS design?

This led us to develop a two-piece differential integration and reinforcement system.
- Part one attaches the differential using the lower two main case bolts and three smaller, lower case bolts to reinforce the differential.
- Part two attaches to the rear cross-member and carries a OEM differential bushing (exactly like the two in the rear cross-member) to add a third, triangulated integration point to "attach" to reinforced differential. Note - the diagram does not have the connecting bolt represented.

P4D DIRS Fig. 10 Labeled.png

P4D DIRS Part 2a.png

Five beta units are in production this week and the plan is to be at the MSHS event this weekend to begin track testing and design validation on one and hopefully two highly-moded Hellcats. We look forward to sharing the results of the testing here.

Yesterday, the US Patent office accepted our design patent application.

We will update this thread and our website with install pictures shortly.

Product link: https://www.getper4mance.com/product-page/dirs

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
350 Posts
Any idea on costs? That looks like a lot of material. I bought the older version, but never installed it due to warranty concerns...however I doubt the new design will be any less concerns for warranty, unless it is an OEM part..that would be great! Looking forward to the results of the tests.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,414 Posts
So why is this better. Allows a little flex?

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
105 Posts
What would be a little more helpful to understand is how this addresses the currently seen failures, which is the front yoke tearing out of the front of the diff.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Any idea on costs? That looks like a lot of material. I bought the older version, but never installed it due to warranty concerns...however I doubt the new design will be any less concerns for warranty, unless it is an OEM part..that would be great! Looking forward to the results of the tests.
This was/is me, didn’t put on due to worry of warranty which is quickly fading for want of better performance

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What would be a little more helpful to understand is how this addresses the currently seen failures, which is the front yoke tearing out of the front of the diff.
That has not happened to a stock power car, they were highly modified...and I am only aware of two instances. Do you have any other details?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
950 Posts
Unfortunately this news comes out after I already bought the current design and was planning on installing it this weekend :(
You're not alone, just bought the extreme brace for my Redeye not knowing something new was coming out. I guess I'll wait to install mine (for a bit at least) and see if this one is worth getting.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
105 Posts
That has not happened to a stock power car, they were highly modified...and I am only aware of two instances. Do you have any other details?
No those are the ones I am referring to, which are the same vehicles dealing with warranty issues you yourself noted in your #2 purpose for designing this, so I put two and two together...

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
105 Posts
For someone like me, who has a mutant build with a hellcat rear cradle in a 2014 Chrysler SRT8, I am more concerned if this is an improvement in integrity and strength or just a redo design to target warranty voiding. I want whatever provides the best support to the rear diff and don't care about warranties. I have the first design sitting in a box at home purchased over a year ago.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
145 Posts
So do you mind sharing what your testing this weekend will entail? Trying to Wheel Hop leaving the line with Very Low tire pressure?

Interesting concept tho... Good Luck!

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,621 Posts
LOL. I bought a new car of this caliber so I could stop dumping money in my old stuff.
That plan hasn't been working out for me:D.
Looking forward to more info on this.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,011 Posts
So do you mind sharing what your testing this weekend will entail? Trying to Wheel Hop leaving the line with Very Low tire pressure?

Interesting concept tho... Good Luck!
Define low tire pressure? If the track is really prep then we should never run low tire pressure that can cause other parts breakage.

I'll be testing different tire pressures and tires if weather / time permits. However, I'm hoping that track is prep-well so I don't have to run low tire pressure. I've run as low as 14.5 on crappy track but most of MSHS event 17-18 been good on my setup.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts