SRT Hellcat Forum banner

101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
856 Posts
I will just say this....
My car was a 1.40 60' on over 600 passes with various tire combos and the original brace.....
2 anomolies
1 -1000 DA 1/8 mile run. 1.37 60 and ran a 6.21 1/8th mile
2 -1200 1/4 at Houston 1.39 for a 9.78

After the DIRS
+50 to +250 DA on 305 MT
I am no scientist.....but. tickets dont lie
20190317_211048.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
950 Posts
I will just say this....
My car was a 1.40 60' on over 600 passes with various tire combos and the original brace.....
2 anomolies
1 -1000 DA 1/8 mile run. 1.37 60 and ran a 6.21 1/8th mile
2 -1200 1/4 at Houston 1.39 for a 9.78

After the DIRS
+50 to +250 DA on 305 MT
I am no scientist.....but. tickets dont lie
View attachment 507447
Wow very nice! Apparently the DIRS not only holds things together it plants the car evenly/firmly for better launch results. That's awesome. Correct me if I'm wrong but at the negative DA Houston event your Demon was trapping higher mph too right? Judging by those new numbers (60fts), you will be seeing a 9.65 and faster next Demon event (maybe sooner). They call that drag strip "The house of hook" for a reason, lol.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
950 Posts
Okay I wasn't too anxious to get my DIRS, but after seeing BeeHappy well happy, lol. I'll be waiting on my porch for my DIRS to arrive so I can install it on my Redeye! Here's to hoping it arrives soon!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,011 Posts
I couldn't get video on DIRS last week. However, I made a few runs and car felt more planted and feels really different when you launch the car. Byron has covered some of the stuff in this post and I feel same way.

I really appreciate Bray for letting me test this on Hellcat. We would be testing more in the coming weeks and more results would be published soon.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
746 Posts
Market on BNIB Extremes about to take a massive dump.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,223 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
746 Posts
So keep it, nothing wrong with the Extreme brace.
I understand why the concept wasn't announced publicly until it was proven and ready...

But those of us who buy over the winter for a spring install got boned a little IMO. I would've gladly waited and paid the full 499 when the time came...especially if it does the job as well for the next handful of people as it has thus far.

I'll probably still run the extreme...only because it's still 100% better than going at it without.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
248 Posts
Is that a pro gear though?
It appears to be a choice. I am by no means an expert on rear diffs, but they claim to offer that option:

"You are able to pick the level of the Diff you want, when we made this kit we used a .375 spacer on the front mount, this spacer will allow the use of a simple Nodular or Forged Aluminum case right up to the Pro-Bolt thru case with out having to change anything (the pro-cases are longer, just remove the spacer and its ready)."

That's from the DSS website and appears to be the exact item offered by HHP. Oddly, though, HHP offers the 2.91 gears, but DSS does not. And, HHP offers the choice of the nodular or the Strange housing all on one page, whereas DSS only has the Strange. There must be another option on their site?

I clicked thru these items a few months when I wasn't sure how crazy I'd want to go with this car. I'd go with the Strange bolt-thru style, spool, and 33-spline axles if I broke the stock piece or was stepping up to that level as insurance. You get a little wheel bounce on the street when turning corners with a spool, but it's doable if you go on a little cruise. :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
856 Posts
I believe there are plenty of cars that need the extreme. Those that want to lock down the diff from any movement.

·
Bone Stock
Challenger SRT Demon
2,618 Posts
Here's to hoping I'm in that first batch! I'm hoping to get the brace on while the DA in my area is a paltry 4000, instead of 6000+ lol.
All orders to date are Batch 1 :cool:
Batch 2 PO was cut today

We plan to be with Speedy at Challengerfest 10 Fri/Sat and will be offering courtesy installs (please have your old brace removed if you have one). There is also the possibility we will have another solution to a different but related item to reveal by then as well.

101 - 120 of 156 Posts