SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I just purchased a 2016 challenger HC. I previously owned a 2012 GT500 and a 2011 SRT Challenger and 2006 SRT Charger.

This is my first used vehicle and only bought it used because I knew the owner and bought it with low miles and cheap. I have been reading a lot of other posts on here for a while now but just created an account today so hopefully I can get some feedback.

Here is what I am planning:
afe CAI looks to be the only one on the market that keeps the filter enclosed so was thinking of that intake.
105MM TB
2.85 Hellraiser and Hellraiser tensioner/idler
ATI 10% lower and pinning crank
3" Catless Kooks full exhaust
Dual fuel pumps
ID1300 injectors
100 shot N2O
Running on E85

If anyone running something similar or beyond has any input/suggestions based on experience, I'd appreciate it. From what I have read, the stock internals should hold up to around 1100HP at the crank and I would be pushing 1000 I believe (or at least thats the goal [900+ RWHP/tq]) so just looking for any insight from someone that might have words of advice from passed or present experience.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
296 Posts
Solid parts list! The 105mm throttle body will only be needed if you port the snout. Stock throttle body will be just fine with those mods if no port work is done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Solid parts list! The 105mm throttle body will only be needed if you port the snout. Stock throttle body will be just fine with those mods if no port work is done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to eventually buy a ported blower. I knew someone with one they were selling but he sold it right when I bought the car. I was also thinking about swapping the blower to KB or Wipple but I just dont want to turn a $15K building into a 25K build with internals, etc. so hoping to get everything I can out of stock blower without blowing it up.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Indigo Blue with Graphics Package
1,309 Posts
If your set on the 105 throttle body I would spend the extra coin and have the blower ported maybe even a full tilt build like Jokers performance does. Other than that it's a good build and just be sure to use a reliable tuner.

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,236 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Are you building your HC for the Track?

Linda :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum!

Are you building your HC for the Track?

Linda :)
Hi Linda and thank you. I am building for the street. Ill also change out the misc. parts like the DS, shifter (M6), etc. I live in S. FL where there are abundant cars to roast but we also have plenty of car shows/meets and I prefer my car to be a dyno queen and just add to my Mopar collection.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If your set on the 105 throttle body I would spend the extra coin and have the blower ported maybe even a full tilt build like Jokers performance does. Other than that it's a good build and just be sure to use a reliable tuner.
Thanks for the feedback. I will eventually do something with the blower. Either port it, snag one thats been ported or buy a Joker... not sure yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts