SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
5,824 Posts
Nice, who makes those and what's the price? You don't see many magnesium wheels.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,740 Posts
Better pics! Size?

Reactions: dragrcr

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Litespeed racing made them they are 20x10.2 prices will vary but 6k+ as you can get custom carbon fiber inlays as well.
Magnesium was used in the Porsche 944 turbo s cup cars in 1988. They also used it on bits such as the intake.
They are excellent wheels. Light as you can get.
6k isnt bad for magnesium wheels.
Is there a link?

Reactions: dragrcr

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
373 Posts
I will be doing a dyno before and after with the lighter weight wheels and as well the demon performance rotors will post results in the future on this thread. 🤙
Do you seriously expect to see any difference on a dyno due to lighter wheels and rotors?

You are likely to see a difference on a track (40 lb of the mass decrease in wheels is going to be an equivalent of ~60 lb or so car mass reduction when it comes to acceleration, plus you can expect better suspension performance), but you are not going to see any real (as opposed to imaginary) difference in brake horsepower. This is simply not how physics works.

Very nice wheels btw. You'll get what you paid for, just not on a dyno...

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Do you seriously expect to see any difference on a dyno due to lighter wheels and rotors?

You are likely to see a difference on a track (40 lb of the mass decrease in wheels is going to be an equivalent of ~60 lb or so car mass reduction when it comes to acceleration, plus you can expect better suspension performance), but you are not going to see any real (as opposed to imaginary) difference in brake horsepower. This is simply not how physics works.

Unsprung weight is not measurable on any dyno.
It is either there or it is not.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

its already been tested by many others with a dyno you'll see a difference its no different than if you tried running with weights on your ankles its freeing up power not adding it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
384 Posts

You might not see an increase in power, but you may very well see an increase in acceleration because the car has less rolling mass to move upon throttle input. Unsprung weight and rolling mass are two different things and if the motor has less weight to move, it's possible that it accelerates quicker. Chance are you won't see that on an actual dyno, but your SOTP (Seat of the pants) dyno might feel it.

WhiskyV8: Those are some Beautiful wheels! They remind me of the VS 08's but in Magnesium. I'll bet they look even more Spectacular with the carbon fiber inlays (I'm a Carbon fiber freak though :))

I'm looking forward to seeing what they look like installed.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
121 Posts
I have never heard of a 10.2 wheel, what is the benefit to a slightly narrower wheel. I have 20x11 on my car (stock) and wish I had wider wheels not narrower. Am I missing something here, still learning so maybe LOL

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
373 Posts
its already been tested by many others with a dyno you'll see a difference its no different than if you tried running with weights on your ankles its freeing up power not adding it.
Nope, simply wrong. It's like installing a lighter flywheel and expecting more power. Please don't even argue: this is high school physics.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Perfect explanation.
I was trying to give an explanation but was struggling.

Reactions: WhiskyV8
1 - 20 of 125 Posts