SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Continuing to enjoy the car. Just getting comfortable enough to push it a little after 2 months. A lot different than the 71 Road Runner... Does anyone have experience with caring for a product called Resistall? It was applied to the exterior and seats prior to my purchasing the car. Just curious what wax is compatible with the coating so I don't adversely impact performance. I have always thought of these kind of coatings as 'snake oil'.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,157 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the Charger Hellcat.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,157 Posts
Post some pics of the beast when you can

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,994 Posts
Welcome and congratulations.
Enjoy with cautious enthusiasm.
As stated above; post some pictures.
Cannot answer your question, but others may be able to.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I'll post some pics when I figure out how. LOL

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
45 Posts
Continuing to enjoy the car. Just getting comfortable enough to push it a little after 2 months. A lot different than the 71 Road Runner... Does anyone have experience with caring for a product called Resistall? It was applied to the exterior and seats prior to my purchasing the car. Just curious what wax is compatible with the coating so I don't adversely impact performance. I have always thought of these kind of coatings as 'snake oil'.
What do you mean snake oil?
I like doing paint correction and coatings on the side for fun money. Lmk what you mean

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What do you mean snake oil?
I like doing paint correction and coatings on the side for fun money. Lmk what you mean[/QU

'comes from the 19th-century American practice of selling cure-all elixirs in traveling medicine shows. Snake oil salesmen would falsely claim that the potions would cure any ailments. now-a-days it refers to fake products.'

No issue with paint correction, coatings, etc. My comment is centered around claims from these companies which are too good to be true. For example 'resists bird dropping damage'. Well, I have had bird dropping damage for many years. Love birds...if they could only not poop on cars. Had a spot on this Resistall protected surface and cleaned it off within a few hours and etched the surface. Had to use some Shine Master to remove. So did I also remove the Resistall? Not sure. Shine Master is very 'gentle' so hope not, but it didn't resist the poop.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
440 Posts
Welcome. I chose the same model. Learn its ins and outside and then have fun driving it often

Reactions: HUNTER

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome. I chose the same model. Learn its ins and outside and then have fun driving it often
Thank you. I’m driving it daily. Just bought new tires. Went from Pirelli summer to Cooper Zeon all season. The Pirelli summer were interesting in rain and not much traction under 60F. Southern OH has much rain and I’m planning on driving it year round. We’ll see how that goes LOL. Zeons were real good on my 300C. Not as much tq or hp with 300C, but I can control that when necessary.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,480 Posts
What exactly is "Reinstall"? I'm going to guess it's a ceramic coating but never heard of that. Is there anyway you could find out more if possible? Most ceramic coatings do not need to be waxed. When it's washed most coatings have a sealant you spray on that protects it. I have Gtechniq Ultra I use the sealant once a month. Congratulations from Chicago as well!

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you. I’m driving it daily. Just bought new tires. Went from Pirelli summer to Cooper Zeon all season. The Pirelli summer were interesting in rain and not much traction under 60F. Southern OH has much rain and I’m planning on driving it year round. We’ll see how that goes LOL. Zeons were real good on my 300C. Not as much tq or hp with 300C, but I can control that when necessary.
So...decided against driving in the winter in southern OH. LOL kids talked me out of it, driving a '14 Jeep Patriot for the winter although there isn't much of anything like winter here. Probably a good move so we stay away from corrosion on the Al hood, etc. Put on the Battery Minder and looking forward to spring.

·
Registered
307 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts