SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all from Anchorage, Alaska!

Long time fan of the Challenger, the body style always really resonated with me when they first came back out. I waited and waited, reading and watching about new packages and reliability, and they just kept getting cooler and cooler. First the Hellcat, then the Demon, then once the Widebody Hellcat hit I knew I had to have one.

2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody, 6 speed manual, Sepia Leather interior.

I am absolutely in love with this car, the color, everything. This is my come up from a 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S(summer), a 2002 Ford F-150(winter), and some Pontiac Fiero projects. I've never owned, or even driven, anything remotely as fast or cool as this monster.

Currently shes quarantined in the garage while I impatiently wait for the weather to turn, the pick up timing just happened to land on the two days that were in the 40s, and it snapped back to 16 degrees. So excited for Spring/Summer/Fall, going to be a blast!

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
36 Posts
Welcome to the club. Fairbanks here, picked my B5 Blue 16' Hellcat up from Anchorage last summer. 6 Speed manual of course
Finally got her out on the road today. Alaska can be trying to own a car like this especially with winters like this last one

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8 Posts
Welcome to the Alaska Hellcat club, check out Team SRT Alaska and come cruising with us.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the club. Fairbanks here, picked my B5 Blue 16' Hellcat up from Anchorage last summer. 6 Speed manual of course
Finally got her out on the road today. Alaska can be trying to own a car like this especially with winters like this last one
Thanks for the warm welcome! Very nice Cat, beautiful color. Alaska will definitely be challenging, but I am looking forward to the trials and tribulations. With how our climate has been shifting to earlier and longer warmer spring/summer/falls, might get more time each year to play around. My biggest hurdle is probably going to end up being finding a reputable body/paint shop to fix the chips the PO had in the paint and anything else that happens over the years, unless Dodge is the better option for that kind of work, I just want it done right. The next hurdle will be finding a reputable PPF and Ceramic coating place up here. Our market for that stuff is pretty small it seems like, so I definitely need to do my research. But its all part of the fun!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the Alaska Hellcat club, check out Team SRT Alaska and come cruising with us.
Thanks for the welcome, I will definitely be checking it out, will be nice to have like-minded people to cruise with! That and pick peoples brains about ownership in AK, shops they use and what not

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
36 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! Very nice Cat, beautiful color. Alaska will definitely be challenging, but I am looking forward to the trials and tribulations. With how our climate has been shifting to earlier and longer warmer spring/summer/falls, might get more time each year to play around. My biggest hurdle is probably going to end up being finding a reputable body/paint shop to fix the chips the PO had in the paint and anything else that happens over the years, unless Dodge is the better option for that kind of work, I just want it done right. The next hurdle will be finding a reputable PPF and Ceramic coating place up here. Our market for that stuff is pretty small it seems like, so I definitely need to do my research. But its all part of the fun!
oh its definitely still worth it. Amazing cars. Makes it that much more fun when you can finally get her out after a long winter. Im not too sure about options in Anchorage, around here in Fairbanks theres a places called "Second Skin" that I follow on facebook, hes always showing his work and it always looks great. He did my buddies Roush F-150, small dent repair, Ive been told he also does ceramic coating as well. its where I'll take my car. That probably doesnt help you though lol. Enjoy the cat. That Plum Crazy is a beautiful color as well

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh its definitely still worth it. Amazing cars. Makes it that much more fun when you can finally get her out after a long winter. Im not too sure about options in Anchorage, around here in Fairbanks theres a places called "Second Skin" that I follow on facebook, hes always showing his work and it always looks great. He did my buddies Roush F-150, small dent repair, Ive been told he also does ceramic coating as well. its where I'll take my car. That probably doesnt help you though lol. Enjoy the cat. That Plum Crazy is a beautiful color as well
Definitely, I bought her March 31st, so it was RIGHT as it was hitting 40 and the roads were clear, and its been awesome to get to drive after a winter of just hunkering down

That ACTUALLY might help my situation, I mean, depending on how it all lined up logistics wise would be a wicked drive to get work done and the Ceramic coat, and then drive back. Would make for a fun adventure, might have to contact the guy, thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome to the Z from WV... Glad you joined us... just curious is the driving season 3 or 4 months. In MOPAR Action they are doing an article about the drag strip that operates up in your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
36 Posts
Welcome to the Z from WV... Glad you joined us... just curious is the driving season 3 or 4 months. In MOPAR Action they are doing an article about the drag strip that operates up in your neck of the woods.
a good year we can get most of April through most of October. This year I was not lucky and only just got mine out this week. I'm further north then he is, so he might get a week or 2 more in either direction. The drag strip you're referring to is down in Wasilla.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts