SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I’m new to this site, and this is my first post. I’ve never owned a Hellcat, and I just ordered a new 2021 Challenger wide body. My question is, would the dealer think I’m nuts to bring my car back after 1000 miles to get the first oil change? Or do you think they will know it should be changed. Thanks!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
796 Posts
The oil change interval is 6 Mo/6K miles per the Owner's Manual, but they would probably be glad to take your money.

Suggest doing the 500 Mile Break In Procedure per the manual and then drive the car and have fun. Enjoy :)

·
Registered
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
820 Posts
Feel free to enter your info on the order tracking thread, there are quite a few of us waiting on cars. Welcome, there's a ton of info on here.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,747 Posts
Did mine at 1200 miles right on the first six month mark. You're not crazy if it gives you inner peace lol.

·
Registered
278 Posts
On these cars and on this forum, I'm pretty sure changing oil within the first 1000 miles is actually the norm.

Reactions: ALongGuy

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat Redeye NB in Hellraisin
258 Posts
First oil change at 625 miles. Had the SRT tech at the dealership do it.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
403 Posts
Hi. I’m new to this site, and this is my first post. I’ve never owned a Hellcat, and I just ordered a new 2021 Challenger wide body. My question is, would the dealer think I’m nuts to bring my car back after 1000 miles to get the first oil change? Or do you think they will know it should be changed. Thanks!
It's your car, no one's going to think you're crazy. With my ZL1, Chevy actually recommended I come back specifically at 500 miles, and then still gave me 2 more free oil changes for the first 12k..or 1 year.

Do what makes you feel comfortable. Plenty of owners swap it at 100 miles, swap it at 500 miles, etc.... hell, I know a guy who has swapped the oil out on delivery of his vehicles.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
2,041 Posts
That's a totally common practice actually. When I negotiated my deal, the dealer agreed to do the change right after then 500mi break in was done.

Welcome to the forum! Always glad to help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts