SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking around this forum ever since I purchased a White 17" HC Charger in November of last year and decided it was finally time to join. I've been a Ford guy (Mustangs/Lightning) for many years but made the jump over to the HC. So far the only mods are NT555r's on the stock rims and a satin black wrapped hood. I do have an aftermarket warranty on the car but getting the mod bug already. If I decide to mod it would be a simple CIA/2.85 pulley, and suspension/drag tire set up. Both my lightning and mustang ran mid 10's and from reading here this set up on the HC would yield me the same or better results.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
899 Posts
I've been lurking around this forum ever since I purchased a White 17" HC Charger in November of last year and decided it was finally time to join. I've been a Ford guy (Mustangs/Lightning) for many years but made the jump over to the HC. So far the only mods are NT555r's on the stock rims and a satin black wrapped hood. I do have an aftermarket warranty on the car but getting the mod bug already. If I decide to mod it would be a simple CIA/2.85 pulley, and suspension/drag tire set up. Both my lightning and mustang ran mid 10's and from reading here this set up on the HC would yield me the same or better results.
A stock Hellcat will run mid to upper 10s on drag radials.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Where in Florida? In in New Smyrna Beach

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
367 Posts
In great DA at a great track and a smaller tire.

Don’t be afraid to see 10.9’s to 11.1 on a 20” drag radial and some humid weather, higher with elevation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may test that theory out very soon but the Nitto's likely won't get me there. I choose them for street ability and rainy weather more so than hooking, my experience is the MT/SS tires and at least a 10.5" wide replica will be needed to achieve that goal. All out set up will be the ET Street R's, I pulled the front tires up on my lightning with those.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In great DA at a great track and a smaller tire.

Don’t be afraid to see 10.9’s to 11.1 on a 20” drag radial and some humid weather, higher with elevation.
11's are no good and I'll instantly start modding 😁. Problem is enough is never enough for me and I'm always chasing that next tenth of a second.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,112 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the cat.

·
Registered
2018 Demon
55 Posts
oosh, that lightning sounds mean

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
180 Posts

How well do those nt555rs hook from a dig and slow roll speeds?

·
Registered
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody
465 Posts
Welcome to the club! Come on over to Bradenton next month to the NMCA event and see if you can find the weak parts on it! They prep the track well for the event!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
899 Posts
I may test that theory out very soon but the Nitto's likely won't get me there. I choose them for street ability and rainy weather more so than hooking, my experience is the MT/SS tires and at least a 10.5" wide replica will be needed to achieve that goal. All out set up will be the ET Street R's, I pulled the front tires up on my lightning with those.
There's plenty of folks here on stock cars with drag radials in the 10s, so you don't need anything at all to get there. Well, depending on your car, you may need a diff brace on the earlier Hellcat models. But 10s are easy peasy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oosh, that lightning sounds mean
I may be able to find the dyno slip on it and a few pics, it was a full build with a 2.3 whipple on E85 and 100 shot that made 840ish hp and 980ish tq. Towards the end of me owning it the poor thing sat more than it was driven and many times I'd take it to the track and break something. I lived in Illinois at the time by a track (Gateway Raceway) and could drive there on my drag set up. I do believe I had the fastest Lightning in the IL and MO area at the time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How well do those nt555rs hook from a dig and slow roll speeds?
From a dig not happening in first gear but they are a huge improvement over stock tires. I've only rolled into it a few times and depending on the speed I can get it to hook, although if in track mode it'll try and kick sideways when shifting or feels like it wants to anyways. I'm still learning this car and want to practice some pulls from a dig. These things really have a hard time with wheel hop so I've been afraid to without upgrading the brace at least.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome to the club! Come on over to Bradenton next month to the NMCA event and see if you can find the weak parts on it! They prep the track well for the event!
Closer to Orlando but haven't made it over to see that track yet. We moved to FL about a year and half ago and the race scene here is nothing like back home.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There's plenty of folks here on stock cars with drag radials in the 10s, so you don't need anything at all to get there. Well, depending on your car, you may need a diff brace on the earlier Hellcat models. But 10s are easy peasy.
I keep reading that and I'd like to achieve that goal. I'm not sure NT555r's on the stock rims will get me there, was thinking some 10.5's and Mickeys might do the trick. Car feels strong and pulls very hard but so far I think traction (just like my lightning was) will be the battle. I agree on the brace and possibly some control arms to eliminate that wheel hop.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
367 Posts
11's are no good and I'll instantly start modding . Problem is enough is never enough for me and I'm always chasing that next tenth of a second.
Trust me I know, I shipped my 1500+ awhp car out three months ago for more lol.

Word of advice - set a goal and don’t move the goal posts otherwise car spends more time in other states than at home lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts