SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Jeff new to hellcats but not new to fast cars. Pretty impressed with my hellcat so far. Wondering if any of you guys can recommend what drag wheels combination works best for these cars. Price matters lol. Nice to meet everyone excited to join the hell cat community. Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

·
BMF
4,300 Posts
welcome Aboard!

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Hellcat... If you are going to race, most are using a drag pack setup. Skinnies up front and 17" wheels in the rear! Race Star makes a decent inexpensive front wheel 18X4.5 and Weld Wheels has decent rear 17X10.5 or wider. Tires, I run M&H 18X5 fronts and MT 305-45-18 on the rear... If I had it to do over I would have gone for the 17s on the rear... Good luck!
😎

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Hellcat... If you are going to race, most are using a drag pack setup. Skinnies up front and 17" wheels in the rear! Race Star makes a decent inexpensive front wheel 18X4.5 and Weld Wheels has decent rear 17X10.5 or wider. Tires, I run M&H 18X5 fronts and MT 305-45-18 on the rear... If I had it to do over I would have gone for the 17s on the rear... Good luck!
😎
Good stuff I appreciate your input. Are you running a bias ply tire or a DR I will have my stock wheels for daily use. I was really hoping I could run a wheel and tire set that I could change in my driveway and then drive to my local dragstrip. It’s about a 30 minute drive from my house. Then swap out when I get home. Back in my Evo eight days it used to suck to have to load up for wheels in my car and a jack it up at the track in the hot Florida sun then repeat lol

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
I'm running a bias ply front runner and DRs on the rear! I also changed my tires in the driveway and drove to my track... it worked out well... Good luck
😎

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
711 Posts
Welcome from Indian Shores! Was told the Forgestar Drag Pack is pretty good and then run MT 315/50r17 on the rear. I’ve got some MTs on the way. Hope to make Orlando Speedway after my setup is completed after June. -Rico

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
The Forgestars are a great looking setup...

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
711 Posts
Agree. For the price I was gonna get pair of 17s, 20s, and skinnies to mix and match but couldn’t find the 20s. Ordered the Triumph stock widebody look alike in 17s instead. Anxious to see them.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Beautiful car.

Are you going to drag race this car and if yes, how fast do you want to go? These factors make a huge difference in the wheel/tire setup for our cars.
Trust me, I have bought enough wheels and tires. LOL!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome to the forums. Beautiful car.

Are you going to drag race this car and if yes, how fast do you want to go? These factors make a huge difference in the wheel/tire setup for our cars.
Trust me, I have bought enough wheels and tires. LOL!
Definitely the guy who has gone down the road and knows what works and what doesn’t. I am a 1320 junky so I want the most effective wheel and tire set up I can get. For now I only want to break into the 10,s when the warranty is up I’d like to do E85 and shoot for mid to high 9,s whatever I can do comfortably on the stock engine and transmission. Preferably I’d like to be able to drive from my house to the track but if I have to swap out wheels at the track I would

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome from Indian Shores! Was told the Forgestar Drag Pack is pretty good and then run MT 315/50r17 on the rear. I’ve got some MTs on the way. Hope to make Orlando Speedway after my setup is completed after June. -Rico
Definitely let me know when you head over this way be cool to meet at Orlando Speedworld and run some passes. Have you run yours already?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
711 Posts
Definitely let me know when you head over this way be cool to meet at Orlando Speedworld and run some passes. Have you run yours already?
Was supposed to do Orlando in March at a private event but it canceled. So, only did Ocala half mile last October with 315 555G2 on the rear which did nothing for me!!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
26 Posts
Welcome! I've lived in Orlando my entire life, and about to move to Winter Garden. I just bought some 20x11s for the rear and will be trying the new Nitto 555r2 315s. I would like to do 17" beadlocks, after I get pulleys/injectors/pump/e85 tune from Curt later this year.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts