SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,583 Posts
(y)
I was driving gt500s when you were getting participation trophies in mixed gender soccer buddy..... yup, back in the day...... way back.
d685b48d5e9613c4d1e5388c3389089c_w200.gif

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
(y)
I was driving gt500s when you were getting participation trophies in mixed gender soccer buddy..... yup, back in the day...... way back.
View attachment 569174
And now you have a 700 hp car with plastic finger “paddles”. You’ve come a long way grandpa. Guy buys a muscle car and gets it in auto. You probably keep your hand on the shifter as if you’re going to move it any other time besides at a complete stop 😂 It’s ok, I understand, the heavy clutch is too much for the arthritis in your knee.

If you were really driving gt500’s, the original ones, you’d have opted for 3 pedals. Unless you drove the 3 speed autos

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,583 Posts
I ran a manual when it was the performance option, not because it was cool or the hip trend.
I run an A8 because it is the performance option NOW. Just like the new gt500s.

Lol
Grandpa, ha I'm 40 guy, old but not that old.
When I said way back, I meant 2007.
I own a 2007, 2008, and a 2013 currently, all 6 speed. Two of them would put a spanking on a hellcat.

Got a good bit more than 700 on my cat.
Let me know when you run vs an A8 and it pulls away from you.

Welcome aboard and remember, we are friendly here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I ran a manual when it was the performance option, not because it was cool or the hip trend.
I run an A8 because it is the performance option NOW. Just like the new gt500s.

Lol
Grandpa, ha I'm 40 guy, old but not that old.
When I said way back, I meant 2007.
I own a 2007, 2008, and a 2013 currently, all 6 speed. Two of them would put a spanking on a hellcat.

Got a good bit more than 700 on my cat.
Let me know when you run vs an A8 and it pulls away from you.

Welcome aboard and remember, we are friendly here.
Well I’m 36, my first car was a cammed fox body 5.0. I don’t care if auto is faster, it’s not as fun and fun is why we buy these cars. You know I'm right just say it 😂

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,583 Posts
To each their own. I enjoy being faster.
Yes, your right, churning butter as I pull away sounds like a blast.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,583 Posts
Remember the driving simulators with the M6 that dodge dealers had to promote the new hellcat back in 2015?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,583 Posts
ResizedP_giphy_(1).gif

Here it is..... lmao

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,583 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
No, my car has a radio that does both.
Ah, so. However, some people enjoy being able to more directly control the engine acoustics than others, to which I was referring, and in fact, many have reported that they would much rather listen to the engine than the stereo.

·
Registered
2021 Charger Redeye
122 Posts
Well I’m 36, my first car was a cammed fox body 5.0. I don’t care if auto is faster, it’s not as fun and fun is why we buy these cars. You know I'm right just say it 😂
My first car was a 4-speed-427 69 yenko Camaro in 2006 it became a pain in the ass shifting constantly in traffic in Cali especially Bay Area at first I had fun as hell banging those gears shit as a junior in high school you couldn’t of had more fun and I drove a lot back in high school now that I look back on it lol ...... I can see getting Manuel as a race car but not as a DD, Us Autos can still shift in gears we choose to be in , having auto doesn’t make it less fun I’ve had my auto hellcat at first now Redeye Charger auto and I still have fun everyday I drive as if it was first day I got the car I love it ..... you’ll always have to shift in stop n go traffic it gets old quick unless you don’t drive yours everyday then I can also maybe see getting a manual other than that then y even get the car if you can’t drive it everyday lol...... there’s a reason these cars are sold mainly as Autos now unlike in 09 the Z06s n ZR1 c6s were all Manuel’s there wasn’t even an option to get a Automatic I believe, that might only of been Zr1s ..... are you planning on racing yours?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts