SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
New personal best; 10.43 @ 133.6 in 1000 DA with all stock engine and the new OST DYNO tune.... 11.00 to 10.43 and 126.5 mph to 133.6 mph just with the tune. I was so surprised and excited best money spent, other than tires....
15795504721187195139859450436117.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
245 Posts
That's an awesome gain. Did you take it to them to tune it on their dyno or how was it tuned? Just curious what was involved in new parts & labor to get your level of tuning.

Dean

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's an awesome gain. Did you take it to them to tune it on their dyno or how was it tuned? Just curious what was involved in new parts & labor to get your level of tuning.

Dean
Hello Dean,

I just removed the PCM from my car and sent to OST DYNO. Mike unlocked it and sent it back. He made me a 91 octane tune and a 100 octane tune and sent them E-mail. The transmission also gets tuned, I have a 6400 rpm shift points and a 6600 shift points. The 6600 shift points were the ones that got me the great times. I have an 18 so you have to get an OBD2 pigtail and install it in the trunk. You need to buy an HP tuners MPVI2 and 6 credits and you can get everything from Mike @ OST DYNO. I did all the labor and all the parts and tune (comes with 6 revisions and you data log your runs and E-mail them back to Mike and then he can make any revisions. I just did it and now he is revising my tune) from OST their is a package. Oh and you have to have a computer, to have the HP TUNERS program to install the tune and revise the PCM. You can look on U-tube for Speedy's Garage and he has videos on how to do it all. Total I think around $1800 Look on their website under remote tune packages. Hope this is a help.... Paul

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
245 Posts
If you don't mind sharing, what were your SRT settings for trans, traction and suspension? Did you completely disable traction control by holding the traction button for several seconds? I'm asking so I can compare the settings I used last fall.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you don't mind sharing, what were your SRT settings for trans, traction and suspension? Did you completely disable traction control by holding the traction button for several seconds? I'm asking so I can compare the settings I used last fall.
I used to hold the the button but it doesn't turn off all the way, but I just learned that you can pull the fuse to disable the traction control all the way. I custom set transmission to sport, traction sport, suspension street. The tune in the transmission is set to work in sport and I have too different shift points. 6400 and 6600. The fast times were with the 6600 shift points. I made 15 runs with 6400 shift points and it ran 10.50 to 10.54 @ 131 too 132.5. Hope this helps you..... Paul

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
245 Posts
It does. Thank you very much for sharing your setup. I'll post my times when the tracks open back up in March. I'm hoping to break into the 10's with only tires & wheels, aluminum driveshaft and differential brace.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I used to hold the the button but it doesn't turn off all the way, but I just learned that you can pull the fuse to disable the traction control all the way. I custom set transmission to sport, traction sport, suspension street. The tune in the transmission is set to work in sport and I have too different shift points. 6400 and 6600. The fast times were with the 6600 shift points. I made 15 runs with 6400 shift points and it ran 10.50 to 10.54 @ 131 too 132.5. Hope this helps you..... Paul
Great run!! So glad to hear just a tune and good tires can run a 10.4.

Did you pull the air filter or leave the stock filter in?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow pretty nice numbers on a stock Hellcat! what was the race fuel /blend used to get that ?
I used sunoco gt 260 100 octane unleaded $8 a gallon or torco 100 unleaded $9 a gallon

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great run!! So glad to hear just a tune and good tires can run a 10.4.

Did you pull the air filter or leave the stock filter in?
Stock all the way.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey everyone,

I just learned that in the 10 AAA class you can only run 10.00 @ 135 mph before you have to put in all the safety equipment. So I am close for a street car. I do drive it 30 miles one way to the track.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I used sunoco gt 260 100 octane unleaded $8 a gallon or torco 100 unleaded $9 a gallon
[/QUOT
So you empty your entire gas tank before putting the 100 octane race fuel to make sure you got 100 octane?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So you empty your entire gas tank before putting the 100 octane race fuel to make sure you got 100 octane?
Yes, put gas in twice. I used 15 gallons and made 17 runs over the last 3 days. Drove over and back to the track 30 miles 6 times too. I still have 3/4 of a tank.... LOL

·
Registered
252 Posts
Might want to think about pulling your air filter and making a pace...just might reduce your E/T

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I
Might want to think about pulling your air filter and making a pace...just might reduce your E/T
I will try it and see. It's kind of dusty here in the desert though.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I

I will try it and see. It's kind of dusty here in the desert though.
Then that is no good. Please do not remove the filter :) Do not need sand in your blower, just for a lower E/T. You might want to think about adding another filter. lol

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,014 Posts
It will go faster if it is lighter. You will probably save a tenth or more with less gas in the tank...maybe 1/2 tank or less. I would run with 1/4 tank and carry a 5 gallon can of 100 with you. Also get some portable air so you can maintain the optimum tire pressure.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It will go faster if it is lighter. You will probably save a tenth or more with less gas in the tank...maybe 1/2 tank or less. I would run with 1/4 tank and carry a 5 gallon can of 100 with you. Also get some portable air so you can maintain the optimum tire pressure.
Hard to do when I drive it back and forth 60 miles. Can't put anything inside the car. Have to hide computer for data logging.... LOL

1 - 20 of 38 Posts