SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,634 Posts
Man I am slipping. I just saw this.
A big CONGRATS to you for your new PB.? Nice gains!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
139 Posts
Great numbers. I have a few questions if you don't mind.
The tires used for your 11 second run were the same as for your 10 second blast?
What size and make were the tires?
Were you told the horsepower gains with the tune?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Great numbers. I have a few questions if you don't mind.
The tires used for your 11 second run were the same as for your 10 second blast?
What size and make were the tires?
Were you told the horsepower gains with the tune?
Thanks.
The tires were the same. They are M/T 305 18 street R's. No on the horsepower gains, I used OST DYNO and it was an E-mail tune. Mike there has just revised it, so I will see what it does this weekend.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
115 Posts
Hey I think you're the guy that Tommy from SRT autoworks told me to email about the private track rental lol.

I have a charger with 17" 305 ET Rs, 18" skinnies, driveshaft, diff brace and LMI. I was hoping to be able to hit 10s but doesn't seem like that's gonna be possible based off your previous times.

Sucks wildhorse pass is such a slow track compared to a lot of others.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
139 Posts
Hey I think you're the guy that Tommy from SRT autoworks told me to email about the private track rental lol.

I have a charger with 17" 305 ET Rs, 18" skinnies, driveshaft, diff brace and LMI. I was hoping to be able to hit 10s but doesn't seem like that's gonna be possible based off your previous times.

I have a Challenger with a driveshaft,differential brace,305 M/T S/S 20 inch tires and managed to run 10.9 so I think you can do the same.
You think Wild Horse Pass is slow and he ran in the 10.4s on just a tune and tires.

·
Registered
292 Posts

Sinister - what skinny tires are you running for the front?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Registered
127 Posts
If the DA hits 1,000 I think you can reach the goal as I squeezed out a 10.99 at WHP once it hit 900 DA in my Charger Hellcat on the drag pack

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm from Mesa, az and have been going to Firebird/WHP pass for years and usually on Friday nights. I dont go often, maybe once or twice a year lately. However, it doesn't seem that they ever make an effort to prep the track. It's really bad!!

Usually the first couple passes are best right when they open the track but after a few runs it's an ice rink due to people on street tires driving through the water box. I usually leave before the weather is good as they dont ever stop the runs to spray the track down.

For those that go to this track more frequently, when is the best time to go and do they ever prep the track? Are there ever Saturday or sunday morning events? I know speedworld used to do that 15 years ago and it was much better!

·
Registered
127 Posts
They Recently re-surfaced and updated parts of the track so the prep seems to be better overall as of last night. my personal opinion is if you want to run your best times with full prep connect with the local shops doing track rentals and pay the piper on the fee to buy in. It could be a Friday night, Saturday...etc and the prep will be the way it should but that’s because your paying a big fee to be there

I'm from Mesa, az and have been going to Firebird/WHP pass for years and usually on Friday nights. I dont go often, maybe once or twice a year lately. However, it doesn't seem that they ever make an effort to prep the track. It's really bad!!

Usually the first couple passes are best right when they open the track but after a few runs it's an ice rink due to people on street tires driving through the water box. I usually leave before the weather is good as they dont ever stop the runs to spray the track down.

For those that go to this track more frequently, when is the best time to go and do they ever prep the track? Are there ever Saturday or sunday morning events? I know speedworld used to do that 15 years ago and it was much better!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
246 Posts
It does. Thank you very much for sharing your setup. I'll post my times when the tracks open back up in March. I'm hoping to break into the 10's with only tires & wheels, aluminum driveshaft and differential brace.
I made it to opening day at MIR and got into the 10.5's. SRT settings were Sport/Sport/Street and race weight was 4,655 lbs. The DA was around -915'.

In addition to the mods above, I also had K&N panel air filter in the stock air box and I also put 4 gallons of Sunoco GT Plus 104 in my tank that had about 6 gallons of 93 octane.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts