SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone replace their radio with factory orginal & have issues with camera & srt pages not working & sirius icon is gone?...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
454 Posts
I replaced my 2016 head unit for a 2017 one with CarPlay and had no issues with anything. The 2017 one works as it should.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dodge i purchased from says it needs to be flashed...i thought it would be plug & play

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
was yours a factory new or used one?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
454 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,690 Posts
anyone replace their radio with factory orginal & have issues with camera & srt pages not working & sirius icon is gone?...
My 2018 Hellcat uConnect radio was replaced July 2020 with a factory replacement -- all under warranty -- due to malfunctioning GPS. No issues after the replacement and I put around 3K miles on the car after but I did trade in the Hellcat mid November 2020 so I can't vouch for how well the replacement radio held up longer term.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i bought the radio from a dodge dealer ordered online...the radio doesn't ask for a code.....i called infotainment tech line & they told me while ignition on, display srt pages on the original radio...without shutting off ignition, swap out radios....i haven't tried it yet...

·
Registered
In The Market
12 Posts
I had mine replaced a few mos ago under warranty. Screen had the bubble. Took a few hours after I was home, but everything came back but my IC temp. Worked on dash, but not the radio. everything else is working fine. Tech is working with Dodge to see why he cant get it to read.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can the dealer flash it & make everything work correctly...?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
454 Posts
Infotainment should have coded the new radio too your VIN.
indeed they did. They request your VIN at the time of the transaction.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
now infotainment tech support says to let it sit for a few hours...giving it some time, about a day & gonna see what happens....I'll be real surprised if it works

·
Registered
453 Posts
now infotainment tech support says to let it sit for a few hours...giving it some time, about a day & gonna see what happens....I'll be real surprised if it works
I'm sure they already had you disconnect and reconnect battery

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well heres an update...left the new radio connected all nite & everything came back...sirius is back & didn't even have to call sirius to let them know i changed radios. All stations are working...camera & srt pages are back...only thing is my ic temp guage is not showing a number...uconnect tech says that, that will come back too.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had mine replaced a few mos ago under warranty. Screen had the bubble. Took a few hours after I was home, but everything came back but my IC temp. Worked on dash, but not the radio. everything else is working fine. Tech is working with Dodge to see why he cant get it to read.
any update on why the ic temp is not working? tech guy from infotainment told me it should come back on its own.....

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,400 Posts
Looks like I'll be looking for a used unit for my 2018 as my screen is delaminating. Lovely build quality!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you can send your unit to infotainment for repair....i was told a couple days for repair

1 - 18 of 18 Posts