SRT Hellcat Forum banner

New Redeye Owner!

6K views 38 replies 24 participants last post by  Chancey 
#1 ·
So this weekend I traded in my 2018 Trackhawk for this gorgeous narrow body Redeye. I am not new to the Hellcat family. I owned a 2017 Hellcat a few years back. And even though the Hawk was a badass SUV I miss owning a Challenger HC. And I am more of a car guy!!! And even though the wide-body is crazy popular I have just always had a thing for the narrow body...probably goes back to my original Hellcat (Octane Red with CF stripes) and wishing that I would have never sold that car!

This beast is a 2020 with 12K miles (2 yrs and 24K factory warranty left) and the front bumper and the entire hood are already covered in Xpel clear bra. The interior is also somewhat custom in that this car came originally with the hounds tooth cloth interior and early on the original owner had it swapped out with the red leather from Mopar. All together it is a pretty nice package and now I will have some fun toasting these "all season" Pirelli tires so I can install some Nitto's.
Glad to be back in the fold!!!!
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

See less See more
#7 ·
Thank you...good to be back!!!

Stunning, wow!
That red really pops against the black, enjoy your new ride.
- Alexis
Thank you Sir...it was part of why I went this route...really love this exterior/interior setup
But then also it is a Redeye...great car with great features.

i think our narrow body redeyes may actually hold their value better down the road since they seem to be more rare. car looks great in black on red
Thank you and I was thinking the same thing...do you know of any production numbers for the narrow bodies?

#5 · (Edited)
So this weekend I traded in my 2018 Trackhawk for this gorgeous narrow body Redeye. I am not new to the Hellcat family. I owned a 2017 Hellcat a few years back. And even though the Hawk was a badass SUV I miss owning a Challenger HC. And I am more of a car guy!!! And even though the wide-body is crazy popular I have just always had a thing for the narrow body...probably goes back to my original Hellcat (Octane Red with CF stripes) and wishing that I would have never sold that car!

This beast is a 2020 with 12K miles (2 yrs and 24K factory warranty left) and the front bumper and the entire hood are already covered in Xpel clear bra. The interior is also somewhat custom in that this car came originally with the hounds tooth cloth interior and early on the original owner had it swapped out with the red leather from Mopar. All together it is a pretty nice package and now I will have some fun toasting these "all season" Pirelli tires so I can install some Nitto's.
Glad to be back in the fold!!!!
View attachment 577060 View attachment 577062
Good choice, love it!

I did the same thing, went from a Trackhawk to the challenger HCWB and never looked back. To me, the TH just lacked excitement in driving and sat in the garage a lot. The Challenger, I can't wait to drive. I'm also more of a car guy anyway.

BTW, go with the Toyo R888R over the Nitto's.

Reactions: GOMER
#8 ·
Good choice, love it!
I did the same thing, went from a Trackhawk to the challenger HCWB and never looked back. To me, the TH just lacked excitement in driving and sat in the garage a lot. The Challenger, I can't wait to drive. I'm also more of a car guy anyway.
BTW, go with the Toyo R888R over the Nitto's.
I really liked the Hawk but found I am not really a SUV guy. Missed my Hellcat Challenger.
I will look into tires more when the time comes but I have been hearing good things about the new Nitto 555RII

Congrats. You should have 4 yrs left on your power train warranty unless something has changed or you are in Canada.
Thanks and yes this is true...should still have 4 years and 48K miles on the Power Train warranty!!!

Reactions: Spoolin
#6 ·
Congrats. You should have 4 yrs left on your power train warranty unless something has changed or you are in Canada.

Reactions: GOMER
#11 ·
Thanks Bro...and Too funny how we all think a like...there was actually a Plum Demon (268 miles on it) next to this Redeye for sale but I want to daily the Redeye and I wouldn't want to daily a gorgeous Demon!!! Oh and there was a little bit of a price difference...LOL

Reactions: THEONE
#15 ·
congrats. Agree on the NB RE. love it

Reactions: RUDEHP
#30 ·
There were 1448 challenger WBRE and just 358 NBRE produced for 2020 model year due to COVID.
Thanks for the info...so 1 of 358...good to know. Wonder how many total NB's have they built???

It looks like you have 305s on the back
Nope...275/40/20 Pirelli All Seasons...next will probably be the Nitto NT555RII in stock size on the rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.