SRT Hellcat Forum banner

New rotors different

12K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  KingTuck 
#1 ·
Just got new rotors and pads on the cat and noticed the fronts look way different. They have a few little slots in them nothing like the old ones with the slots. Rears look the same. Anyone come across this or know the reason for the change? Thanks

#2 ·
Sounds interesting. I think most of us don't get stock replacements. We either get a DBA if we are almost all street driving or we get Demon Performance lightweight rotors if we push our car harder. Both are cheaper than stock replacements (the Demon is cheaper after the first change)

#3 ·
I got the hookup under warranty for OEM. They look like trackhawk rotors so idk if they messed up n put on trackhawk rotors or if dodge changed the hellcat rotor design for replacements. Service manager looking into it for me.

#5 ·
Not the best pic but should do. Looks identical to trackhawk rotors. Service manager said he made sure part# ordered was right so not sure if wrong parts got in the box or if dodge changed the replacements. He still trying to get an answer from dodge. Most likely the first scenario. Ill keep the thread updated. Not like it doesn't stop the same, these rotors just ugly in my opinion. But they'll make it right if they are in fact the wrong rotors.

#6 ·
Interesting.
My have similar cuts just longer.
I don't have picture now. And I'm at work.
That is new revision design just don't look like HC discs.
Check your paper work part number with online retailers and ask them for disc picture.
If you have paid factory HC replacment discs they should correct and replace with right part number.
Trackhawk have less cut on the side's because of much heavy car.

#10 ·
Alright so apparently its the 5th revision on the rotors and the new part # is 68184587AE. They still have the old design ones but dodge wont allow them to use them on warranty jobs for brakes. That sucks these ones look bad in my opinion. Thinking about maybe trying to find a good price on the old ones and slapping them on out of my own pocket just off the looks alone. Thanks everyone for your help.

#18 ·
Could be. Guess we know when they come out. I don't trust the marketing pictures. Remember the ACC pictured and even shown on our Redeye order forms? Never got it. Does not really matter the rotors all seem good.

#27 ·
Not sure about brake cooling but thinking SRT would not have made this change if it would have had a negative effect.

Looks like 2020 is the same.

Here is a 2020 Redeye . .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.