SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got some new shoes for the GT500. MRR forged wheels with a brushed copper finish. 20x11 front 20x11.5 rear. Built to the Carbon Finer wheel specs. I know my Hellcat brothas will appreciate these pics:
DCA0CBB0-01F4-4442-B0E8-1DF48103433F.jpeg
E1B96E1D-BDC9-41B3-A598-C5A5EA5C7219.jpeg

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Fitment is terrible but they kind of look good. The copper finish doesn't look good on the blue. If it was black then forsure go with that finish.

R.K.
Well, I like the honesty. My wife hates them too. But I’ve always loved copper on blue cars. Definitely, not for everyone! The factory wheels sit in the same position. I guess the bronze just makes it appear more pronounced.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Really like the color combo with those wheels installed. I know that's going to be very subjective though. I do have to agree with the above poster though that the fitment seems a bit off (maybe just the picture angle though?). Rears look pretty good but the fronts seem to skinny or the backspacing is a tad to much. Would look better IMHO with a small spacer up front to widen the track a bit. Thanks for sharing though!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really like the color combo with those wheels installed. I know that's going to be very subjective though. I do have to agree with the above poster though that the fitment seems a bit off. Rears look pretty good but the fronts seem to skinny or the backspacing is a tad to much. Would look better IMHO with a small spacer up front to widen the track a bit. Thanks for sharing though!
The wheels are built to the carbon wheel specs. Because of the wider front fenders and front wickers, all wheels on the GT500 appear to sit in a tad from the factory. But yeah, I coulda went with a lower offset but scrub radius woulda changed a bit.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,454 Posts
The wheels are built to the carbon wheel specs. Because of the wider front fenders and front wickers, all wheels on the GT500 appear to sit in a tad from the factory. But yeah, I coulda went with a lower offset but scrub radius woulda changed a bit.
I never understood why someone would buy aftermarket wheels in the same fitment as their stock wheels. That is a huge waste of money imo. You're worried about scrub radius but its not like you will be at the track everyday. But its your money. I think deep down inside you realized you f'd up your fitment but are hoping that if you stare at them long enough it will be fine and look good hence why you're trying to get the approval and validation from your former Hellcat crew.

R.K.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
5,813 Posts
Not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I never understood why someone would buy aftermarket wheels in the same fitment as their stock wheels. That is a huge waste of money imo. You're worried about scrub radius but its not like you will be at the track everyday. But its your money. I think deep down inside you realized you f'd up your fitment but are hoping that if you stare at them long enough it will be fine and look good hence why you're trying to get the approval and validation from your former Hellcat crew.

R.K.
LOL!! Wow, that’s a big leap. The wheel offset maximum low is +30. Factory is +32, so I went factory specs. If it makes you feel better, I do stare at the car everyday but not because I feel bad over the wheels. Because I love the way it looks with the wheels and I love the side stripes I put on. I hated the black wheels!
But hey, I knew I’d get honest answers here, so thanks for the psych evaluation and wheel comments.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,454 Posts
LOL!! Wow, that’s a big leap. The wheel offset maximum low is +30. Factory is +32, so I went factory specs. If it makes you feel better, I do stare at the car everyday but not because I feel bad over the wheels. Because I love the way it looks with the wheels and I love the side stripes I put on. I hated the black wheels!
But hey, I knew I’d get honest answers here, so thanks for the psych evaluation and wheel comments.
Sorry. I'm a wheel whore and I get seizures when I see bad fitment.

R.K.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,100 Posts
Was never a fan of the S550 mustangs, and even less with the GT500 and 350.

The Shelby name should've died with the S197, last stick Shelby because Carroll wouldn't ever allow ford to make his car an auto. Of course the second he dies the next car to come out is auto only. Shame.

Dig the wheel color, always liked brass/bronze wheels on a dark or light colored car.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry. I'm a wheel whore and I get seizures when I see bad fitment.

R.K.
I will acknowledge Ford’s fitment is kinda weird. But like I said the wickers on the front definitely make it more pronounced. Maybe it’s more pronounced than I thought?
Maybe you subconsciously wish you had a Gt500? That’s where the wheel hate is stemming from. :D

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Super Stock
68 Posts
I like the color combo, not the stripe at the bottom. Not a stripe guy though. We are all car guys here, I don't mind seeing your mustang on here. Especially from someone who has been as active on these forums as you have.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
5,813 Posts
Maybe I should post a photo of the ‘74 Maverick my Mom drove when she was young. It would be just as relevant as your Mustang on this forum.:ROFLMAO:
You do realize he's posting in the General Automotive Discussion forum right? This isn't a Hellcat specific forum, by all means post up the 74 Maverick.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,375 Posts
i dig.

does ford sell the carbon fiber wheels that come on the trackpack or whatever the golden ticket cars are called?

Reactions: BrakeFade

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Super Stock
68 Posts
yes the trackpack is an 18000 dollar add, don't know how much of that is the carbon fiber rims.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts