SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Wheels can be like jewelry for a car IMHO so I can 100% get why a someone would make a change and keep the same fitments. Just want to make it more them and not worry about fit issues or tire choice problems down the road by sticking with factory sizes.

Good to know about the wheel offsets. Diffidently seems odd they would offset skinny in the front vs getting a wider footprint but I'm not going to pretend I know more than those that engineered the car. Speaking of the carbon wheels. Now those are awesome wheels. Whether you like the style of them or not the weight savings is huge.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
yes the trackpack is an 18000 dollar add, don't know how much of that is the carbon fiber rims.
I’ve seen the CFTP wheels sell for $15k alone. No shit, that’s the going rate right now. Wheels are the price of a stripped down new Asian shitbox, but still a new car.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i dig.

does ford sell the carbon fiber wheels that come on the trackpack or whatever the golden ticket cars are called?
Yes and if you don't get them as part of the track pack I believe they are something along the lines of $5K a wheel 😲

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
5,806 Posts
The CF wheels are really expensive, and to be honest, I'm not sure they're worth it because they're not as strong as an aluminum wheel. I've already seen one explode and I've seen others that cracked when they were hit. its not cheap to replace them so its a liability I wouldn't want when a top forged aluminum wheel isn't all that much heavier. I would probably go to magnesium for wheels if I needed something lighter than aluminum.

·
Registered
251 Posts
LOL!! Wow, that’s a big leap. The wheel offset maximum low is +30. Factory is +32, so I went factory specs. If it makes you feel better, I do stare at the car everyday but not because I feel bad over the wheels. Because I love the way it looks with the wheels and I love the side stripes I put on. I hated the black wheels!
But hey, I knew I’d get honest answers here, so thanks for the psych evaluation and wheel comments.
It's amazing how douchey people are on the internet.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
389 Posts
Don't care for the combo, I just don't feel it goes well. I think if the blue was perhaps a tad darker, it would fit better.

I actually think the car would have looked better with white rims personally... and black always goes great with blue

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,642 Posts
You should paint the wheels gloss black and the calipers white with a black Shelby logo on them. That’d look dope. The copper clashes too much. Wheels themselves look nice.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
389 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,731 Posts
Wow tough crowd. I personally do not like the color combo at all but OP loves it and so another happy camper on the forum. So much better than more whining.

21 - 40 of 91 Posts