1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)

·
Vendor
331 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ah haha, ok ok.... I must say that's a nice Camaro. Chevy styling kinda lost me since the mid 70s Z28s tbh, but I have no problem appreciating that ^^

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,947 Posts
Great car, nice color.

Reactions: BrakeFade

·
Registered
21' GT500 Handling Pack
139 Posts
Was never a fan of the S550 mustangs, and even less with the GT500 and 350.

The Shelby name should've died with the S197, last stick Shelby because Carroll wouldn't ever allow ford to make his car an auto. Of course the second he dies the next car to come out is auto only. Shame.

Dig the wheel color, always liked brass/bronze wheels on a dark or light colored car.
I think Carol Shelby was more concerned with what made the vehicle have the highest performance, not weather it was a manual or an auto. The Tremec DCT in the GT500 has the strength and reliability of a manual transmission, with lightning quick shifts and a very well thought out programing controlling it. The HP90 in the hellcat is a great Torque Converted Transmission, but the TR-9070 inside the GT500 is another animal all together. I have been a manual transmission guy, until I got my charger hellcat, and I enjoyed the A8. But I'm going to be honest while I still enjoy a manual with a car like the GT500 I wouldn't have it any other way than a DCT. If you haven't got to drive a vehicle with a DCT, don't knock it before you try it. It is not the same as a torque converter tranny with paddles. It is a manual with an automatically operated clutch. I don't feel like I have sacrificed any control, but have gained a lot of smiles. Dodge cheeped out by not developing a DCT for their hellcat models, particularly putting a standard automatic in the Demon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
" Dodge cheeped out by not developing a DCT for their hellcat models, particularly putting a standard automatic in the Demon"

I agreed with your entire post until then. A DCT is not an automatic!! ( we are agreeing here :) ) Any fast drag car is an automatic or direct drive though so not sure how you think they cheeped out? Drag Pac/ COPO / and Cobra jet are all TH400's

To original poster I think the tire combo is nice... I have a set of Gunmetal grey rims I am hoping look good on my Frostbite Challenger. your the most important person to like them and shock factor some times wins!

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,095 Posts
I think Carol Shelby was more concerned with what made the vehicle have the highest performance, not weather it was a manual or an auto. The Tremec DCT in the GT500 has the strength and reliability of a manual transmission, with lightning quick shifts and a very well thought out programing controlling it. The HP90 in the hellcat is a great Torque Converted Transmission, but the TR-9070 inside the GT500 is another animal all together. I have been a manual transmission guy, until I got my charger hellcat, and I enjoyed the A8. But I'm going to be honest while I still enjoy a manual with a car like the GT500 I wouldn't have it any other way than a DCT. If you haven't got to drive a vehicle with a DCT, don't knock it before you try it. It is not the same as a torque converter tranny with paddles. It is a manual with an automatically operated clutch. I don't feel like I have sacrificed any control, but have gained a lot of smiles. Dodge cheeped out by not developing a DCT for their hellcat models, particularly putting a standard automatic in the Demon.
Every car I've ever owned was a manual.

I love to drive my car. Not a racer idc about consistently getting a time. To me there's no replacing a clutch dump at 50mph or something of the like.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
389 Posts
Every car I've ever owned was a manual.

I love to drive my car. Not a racer idc about consistently getting a time. To me there's no replacing a clutch dump at 50mph or something of the like.
Ask @Blkout about the double tap on the A10 ZL1 transmission.....

Trust me, it's a lot of fun :D

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
5,806 Posts

·
Registered
21' GT500 Handling Pack
139 Posts
" Dodge cheeped out by not developing a DCT for their hellcat models, particularly putting a standard automatic in the Demon"

I agreed with your entire post until then. A DCT is not an automatic!! ( we are agreeing here :) ) Any fast drag car is an automatic or direct drive though so not sure how you think they cheeped out? Drag Pac/ COPO / and Cobra jet are all TH400's

To original poster I think the tire combo is nice... I have a set of Gunmetal grey rims I am hoping look good on my Frostbite Challenger. your the most important person to like them and shock factor some times wins!
I agree the cars you mentioned are Drag Specific vehicle not intended for road use. The TH400 is old reliable tech, that can be sourced/replaced cheap. It is great for drag racing particularly in very high HP applications. Something like the TH400 would not be appropriate for a hellcat, GT500 or even the Demon. The Demon just has a beefed up 8HP80...(8HP90). again great automatic transmission, strong, quick, reliable, no complaint. I feel IMHO that for their top of the line street legal Drag variant of the hellcat that dodge took the cheep way out by using the 8HP90 rather than developing a DCT that would have performed even better in the Demon.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts