SRT Hellcat Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
21' GT500 Handling Pack
139 Posts
Every car I've ever owned was a manual.

I love to drive my car. Not a racer idc about consistently getting a time. To me there's no replacing a clutch dump at 50mph or something of the like.
Every shift in a DCT is like dumping the clutch and slamiming into the next gear. I felt the same as you until I got the chance to drive a vehicle with a DCT for the first time.

·
Registered
21' GT500 Handling Pack
139 Posts
Double tap the gas pedal, downshifts the transmission to the lowest possible gear... and on a 10 spd, it's a lot of fun :D

Doesn't require holding a paddle or manual mode, etc..
That is different. I bet it is fun, I haven't got to drive a vehicle with the GM A10 but I have heard good things for sure!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
389 Posts
That is different. I bet it is fun, I haven't got to drive a vehicle with the GM A10 but I have heard good things for sure!
So there are two models of the A10 for GM, the 10L80 and 10L90. The 10L90 is ONLY in the ZL1 Camaro. The 10L80 is in the regular Camaros and the Silverado. This is also the same "version" of the A10 that Ford uses.

You could essentially liken it to the A8 version in the regular Hemi Challengers vs. the one being used by the Hellcat/Demon...

And yes, it is a fantastic feature... rolling along at whatever speed.... dbl tap that gas pedal....and floor it....so much fun...

I know you can do somewhat similar with the A8 but its just not the same..

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
5,806 Posts
So there are two models of the A10 for GM, the 10L80 and 10L90. The 10L90 is ONLY in the ZL1 Camaro. The 10L80 is in the regular Camaros and the Silverado. This is also the same "version" of the A10 that Ford uses.

You could essentially liken it to the A8 version in the regular Hemi Challengers vs. the one being used by the Hellcat/Demon...

And yes, it is a fantastic feature... rolling along at whatever speed.... dbl tap that gas pedal....and floor it....so much fun...

I know you can do somewhat similar with the A8 but its just not the same..
Agreed, its just not the same. I think the A8 in the Hellcat is fantastic but the A10 in the ZL1 is a step above.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
5,806 Posts
I’ve heard the gm a10 is damn near perfect. Ford’s A10 is dog shit. I’m loving the DCT in the 500.
I've heard the DCT is fantastic in the GT500. We just sold our C8 Corvette which had a DCT also, its very good also but I've heard that the GT500 DCT is better.

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
154 Posts
I think it’s pretty mint. Stock spec is kinda funny I would have maxed it out for sure for the coin. Might as well. But whatever as long as you love it that’s all that matters.

I like the color combo for sure it stands out

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
801 Posts
Well, I like the honesty. My wife hates them too. But I’ve always loved copper on blue cars. Definitely, not for everyone! The factory wheels sit in the same position. I guess the bronze just makes it appear more pronounced.
Yeah, but that's not copper. Copper has more of a blueish hue to it. That looks very much bronze.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
251 Posts
I think it looks fine and the color combo is amazing. Those cars handle so well stock I would have not changed anything size wise from what the engineers put on the car. Smart decis doing so and again what a awesome color!

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
25 Posts
I’ve heard the gm a10 is damn near perfect. Ford’s A10 is dog shit. I’m loving the DCT in the 500.
Yeah, I really grew to hate the A10 in my '18 Mustang. It was fast, and shifted great at full throttle especially after my AED E85 tune, but just driving normal around town it had a lot of weird behavior. And it started flaring pretty bad before I traded it in, very annoying

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
5,806 Posts
Yeah, I really grew to hate the A10 in my '18 Mustang. It was fast, and shifted great at full throttle especially after my AED E85 tune, but just driving normal around town it had a lot of weird behavior. And it started flaring pretty bad before I traded it in, very annoying
Yea, I've seen people say that its the programming of the Ford version of the A10 that's the issue. The ZL1 A10 is a masterpiece, the programming is so good from the factory that most tuners won't even recommend tuning the TCM until you need to raise the shifts points for a cam install.

Reactions: DevilsReject97

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
25 Posts
Yea, I've seen people say that its the programming of the Ford version of the A10 that's the issue. The ZL1 A10 is a masterpiece, the programming is so good from the factory that most tuners won't even recommend tuning the TCM until you need to raise the shifts points for a cam install.
I was the internet director at a Chevy store for a little while and driving the A10 ZL1 actually made me buy the Mustang with the same transmission because of how perfect it was. Then after driving my Mustang for a while I was like "wtf, how is this so much worse"

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
5,806 Posts
I was the internet director at a Chevy store for a little while and driving the A10 ZL1 actually made me buy the Mustang with the same transmission because of how perfect it was. Then after driving my Mustang for a while I was like "wtf, how is this so much worse"
LOL.

Reactions: DevilsReject97

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
5,806 Posts
I don't think there's any question that most people prefer the tires and wheels to sit flush with the outer fender but there's a tradeoff for this, when they tires sit that far out on the front, the tires WILL throw debris down the side of the vehicle and eventually lead to pitting and chips on the paint. Splash guards won't prevent it entirely either. You can add PPF to paint but that's an expensive option if you apply it to the doors and rear fenders and of course, you will notice it. PPF is hard to see from a few feet away but up close its obvious its there and some don't want to live with that either.

I went through the same internal debate when I ordered my wheels for my ZL1. The vendor suggested I move the offset 10mm outwards for a more aggressive appearance, I decided not to move it much because of what I went through with my Hellcat in doing so. My Hellcat's wheels and tires were flush with the fender but it did throw debris down the side of the car and I had some minor pitting and chips on the doors at the bottom. For my ZL1, I ended up ordering my front wheels 5mm out further than stock since they were slightly tucked from the factory and within a month of driving, I have a few very small chips already on the rear fenders and the front's aren't even flush with the fenders. This is the price you pay for an aggressive stance. Do you want the car to look good the day you put the new more aggressive wheels on, or do you want the car's paint to look good months or years later?

61 - 80 of 91 Posts