SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, will try to keep the story brief.

I joined this forum because unfortunately I damaged my brother's rear driver's side wheel this past weekend. He had too much to drink and so I was the DD. Rainy night, not used to the car and lost traction, car spun and hit a curb sideways. called the dealership and this wheel is apparently $1,800 which is not something I can easily afford currently. Looking to buy the one wheel, hopefully used, but not sure how to go about it. I have posted in Chargerforums' marketplace section, but cannot do that here until I have some points O suppose. Any feedback, advice, or help would be greatly appreciated. Pic below for context.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

· Registered
2021 Challenger Redeye
245 Posts

· HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,738 Posts
Def not $1800 each unless let me guess - supply chain issues lol. They can be purchased for half of that normally.

Reactions: JMAbacus

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Def not $1800 each unless let me guess - supply chain issues lol. They can be purchased for half of that normally.
They didn't claim supply chain issues for this one, but that's good intel that they shouldn't go for that much. I will try a few other dealerships in the area and see if they quote me different. I am noticing that the majority of these Devil's Rim style for sale are the 20 x 11's, though my brother's car came with the 20 x 9's. I wonder if that would be another reason for the high quote if they thought I was looking for the 11s?

· Registered
16 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
1,406 Posts
They didn't claim supply chain issues for this one, but that's good intel that they shouldn't go for that much. I will try a few other dealerships in the area and see if they quote me different. I am noticing that the majority of these Devil's Rim style for sale are the 20 x 11's, though my brother's car came with the 20 x 9's. I wonder if that would be another reason for the high quote if they thought I was looking for the 11s?
Are you sure those are 9 inch rims? The picture shows SRT calipers which would be an srt or regular body hellcat with 9.5 inch rims and the tires in the pic are 305's which would fit on 11 not 9 inch rims, maybe a wide body hellcat. Do you have a picture of the car?

· Registered
1,406 Posts
From looking at the body seams in photo looks like a non-widebody charger which would have probably had 9.5 from factory so maybe your brother swapped rims? Could maybe be after market 10 or 11 as well.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a 392 widebody scatty. I am definitely confused about the 9" vs 11" but I know for a fact he hasn't changed anything on the car since he got it; however, he has a picture of the car's sticker where all the manufacturer info is listed and under the 'Exterior Features' it lists them as 20 x 9s...
Font Material property Paper Document Paper product

· Registered
1,406 Posts
It's a 392 widebody scatty. I am definitely confused about the 9" vs 11" but I know for a fact he hasn't changed anything on the car since he got it; however, he has a picture of the car's sticker where all the manufacturer info is listed and under the 'Exterior Features' it lists them as 20 x 9s... View attachment 594969
Ahh, okay, forgot all about the scat pac ! But I'm still confused because wide body did not have the 9's but that is clearly stated? Is there a chance the 9 inch was standard equipment and 11 was upgrade with wide body? Nice car though, sorry that happened.

· Registered
609 Posts
its definitely an 11". The standard features will show the 9", but as soon as you add Widebody they get 11" wheels. The rest of the window sticker should show the 11" in the options section.

Maybe someone on here has a wheel from a damaged or take-off set. Good luck!

· HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,738 Posts
Widebody = 11" wheel.

· Banned
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,421 Posts
you would be amazed at what a good wheel refinisher can do for 2-300$..;)
^^^ THIS!

A friend who runs a local body shop showed me a pic of a trashed wheel (one I would scrap) and the actual wheel after repair, it really did look new. His price was about $168 (if I remember correctly). Us slobs off the street can expect to pay $2-300. Doesn't hurt to check.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Somehow my reply earlier never posted, prob bc of the crappy signal in my office building. Confirmed it is indeed 11". I found this posting on Ebay and just went for it. Hellcat Scatpack Wide body Wheel 20X11 OEM 6CT34MALAC | eBay

The code stamped on the onside of the wheel matches the parts numbers I found online for this type of wheel. My only confusion is why this wheel is gloss black, from what I've searched it looks like these cars always come with some form of low gloss/matte type colors. This seller said told me they drove the csr for 5k miles before removing the tires, but that doesn't explain why he's just selling the one??? Either way, it was $700 so I went for it, hopefully I don't get catfished with some shitty replica or something.

· Banned
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,421 Posts
I don't mean to be harsh, but your brother shares responsibility in this and should pay for the wheel. He made many mistakes and you were nice enough to try to help.

1. He drove his nice car to the bar.
2. He drank.
3. He drank too much.
4. He had no plan in place for #2 and #3.

You could have driven him home and left the car overnight at the bar. If was a friend's house and not a bar, it definitely should have been left overnight.

He should pay, he is the one who made several mistakes. Very minimum, he should pay half, and get the wheel repaired for $2-300.

You helped someone who was foolish, this should not be a no good deed goes unpunished event.

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
9,301 Posts
I don't mean to be harsh, but your brother shares responsibility in this and should pay for the wheel. He made many mistakes and you were nice enough to try to help.

1. He drove his nice car to the bar.
2. He drank.
3. He drank too much.
4. He had no plan in place for #2 and #3.

You could have driven him home and left the car overnight at the bar. If was a friend's house and not a bar, it definitely should have been left overnight.

He should pay, he is the one who made several mistakes. Very minimum, he should pay half, and get the wheel repaired for $2-300.

You helped someone who was foolish, this should not be a no good deed goes unpunished event.
Agree!

And how do you know there isn't any more damage? Spun and hitting a curb sideways in a 4,000+ lb car can certainly bend something.

I think your bro needs to make a call to his insurance company.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.