SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting low on the continental extreme contacts d/w any new tires out there trying or stick with these ? Thank you

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,396 Posts
Had I kept my Hellcat I was going to replace the Pirelli all season tires it came with from the factory with a set of (probably Pirelii) high performance tires, sanctioned by the factory.

My Scat Pack came with Pirelli high performance tires and these have lots better grip than the all season version.

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,240 Posts
I just slapped some A/S BFG Comp 2 on mine. Also wider wheels, but after coming from the stock A?S Pirelli, things are A LOT better on the BFG

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
708 Posts
Michelin makes the best tires for our cars. This is scientifically proven and really isn't up for discussion... unless money is a factor. The Michelin PS4S is one of the most expensive tires on the market (especially in sizes above 285). Their all season tire has better traction performance than many summer compound tires by other manufacturers. The PS4S summer tire is godlike. Absolutely godlike. I have a set of 325s on the rear of my 1,000whp Mustang. Deflated to 28psi, I can snatch the front wheels up off the pavement on the road in front of my house.

I run Michelin all seasons on my Hellcat, as it is my daily and N. FL gets like driving through swimming pools with the rain we get around here. The Michelin Pilot all season is the world's best rated wet weather tire.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Michelin makes the best tires for our cars. This is scientifically proven and really isn't up for discussion... unless money is a factor. The Michelin PS4S is one of the most expensive tires on the market (especially in sizes above 285). Their all season tire has better traction performance than many summer compound tires by other manufacturers. The PS4S summer tire is godlike. Absolutely godlike. I have a set of 325s on the rear of my 1,000whp Mustang. Deflated to 28psi, I can snatch the front wheels up off the pavement on the road in front of my house.

I run Michelin all seasons on my Hellcat, as it is my daily and N. FL gets like driving through swimming pools with the rain we get around here.
Sounds almost too good to be true haha I've never tried their tires on any vehicles I've owned. Do they hold up pretty well on modded hc's also?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
708 Posts
Sounds almost too good to be true haha I've never tried their tires on any vehicles I've owned. Do they hold up pretty well on modded hc's also?
Michelins also have some of the best tread wear ratings, and they're prorated warranty covered to 30k miles (all seasons).

But, remember what I said about cost. It sounds too good to be true if you're used to spending $300 per tire. The ones on the rear of my Mustang are around $700 each. I spoke incorrectly before, my Mustang runs 345s on the rear (275 front), not 325s. They last about 15k miles or so on that car... but I also don't unleash that beast on the street very often. It is not a street safe car under full boost (22psi).

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
When I had my SRT 392 I went through the three season Perelli's in 8300 miles, then the better but not great Sport Comp 2 in 9200 miles. Then I went with Extreme Sport's and the traction was so much better. I put them on my Hellcat but only had a few thousand miles on it before I traded it in. I kept the rear 315's so I can use them on the 2020 HC WB when I burn these crappy factory tires

·
Registered
55 Posts
Michelins also have some of the best tread wear ratings, and they're prorated warranty covered to 30k miles (all seasons).

But, remember what I said about cost. It sounds too good to be true if you're used to spending $300 per tire. The ones on the rear of my Mustang are around $700 each. They last about 15k miles or so on that car... but I also don't unleash that beast on the street very often. It is not a street safe car under full boost (22psi).
Oh wow $700/tire is crazy! I'm actually going to look into these

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
708 Posts
Oh wow $700/tire is crazy! I'm actually going to look into these
I made an edit to my post after you quoted it. My Mustang uses 345s, not 325s. The price on those can get very expensive on oversized tires. 275s are around $300 per tire, depending on deals, discounts, and the state of the world economy at any given day.

But, do your own research and read more reviews. I am a Michelin sell out fanboi of the most obscene degree. I used to street drive on Firehawks, M/T Street Comps, and Kumho tires... but ever since I tried the Michelins about 5 years ago, I won't ever put any other tire on any car I own.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts