SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought myself a 2017 Charger Hellcat. Comin from a 2013 Charger R/T. So far only thing that ive done is stickers and JLT CAI. as of now im looking into buying a drag setup.
brand: Weld racing Wheels
Wheel size: 17x10
Bolt circle: 5x115
Back space: 6.7
Offset: 30
Will these work? And would i have to do any changes to the suspension for better fitment. TIA

More mods to come in the future. Plan to push RWH to 1000

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
49 Posts
Congrats on the Charger HC, and welcome to the "HC World" and to Hellcat.org.

The Welds you are looking at should work fine. Only issue you may run into with the 17" wheels are with the sway bar. Keep in mind that I have a Challenger RE WB, and not a Charger, but I know that some 17's will hit the sway bar when trying to mount them. It's not a huge issue, it can easily be corrected by either installing shorter or adjustable sway bar end links or you can lift the car by putting the jack directly under the coil spring to keep the suspension loaded (sway bar out of the way) while mounting the tires.

FYSA, I run the 17x10 Forgestar D5 Beadlocks and they are a great wheel that are SFI certified and made by Weld, but significantly cheaper than Welds ($599 for beadlocks). The Forgestar D5's come in both Beadlocks and Non-Beadlocks and come in two different offsets, +0 for WB's, and +30 for NB's.

I assume you are going to run Mickey Thompson ET Street R's (best DR available in my opinion) on your 17's. If you run the 305/45-17 you shouldn't have any fitment issues, but if you decide to go with the 315/50-17's you are going to have to do some minor mods to the inner fender well to make them fit without rubbing.

I would highly recommend ordering and installing a Per4mance Development Dif Brace as well before hitting the track. P4D makes the best Dif Braces available, and it will provide the necessary protection while also making the car feel more planted at the track and reducing the chance of potential wheel hop (which is the real risk of breaking parts).

Good Luck! Hope this helps, please feel free to message me if there is anything else I can help with.

·
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,204 Posts
Welcome to Hellcat.org!

I would imagine you have checked out the for sale section
@Blkout has a lot of parts up from his HC Charger.
Congrats and Enjoy All The Fassst Fun!

Linda :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts
Welcome to Hellcat.org!

I would imagine you have checked out the for sale section
@Blkout has a lot of parts up from his HC Charger.
Congrats and Enjoy All The Fassst Fun!

HC Challenger but most parts are gone now.

·
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,204 Posts
Okay ooops
Challenger parts :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts
Okay ooops
Challenger parts :)

LOL, some are specific to platform as you know. That being said, I do have a few parts left for sale that are Challenger specific.

Reactions: Linda's Hell Cat
1 - 10 of 10 Posts