SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just got my new hellcat so I'm here to learn all I can! Already changed the front brakes over to ceramic, factory brakes had the worst brake dust I ever seen in my life and at only 200 miles on the clock! Reddit has reassured me that the rearview camera looking like garbage is normal. Now I'm looking for the best grippy tires to replace my rear ones and my search led me to a few threads here so now I'm joined! Idc about longevity or noise/comfort just want the rear to hook! Included pic of the new acquisition 馃憤
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
Hi all,
Just got my new hellcat so I'm here to learn all I can! Already changed the front brakes over to ceramic, factory brakes had the worst brake dust I ever seen in my life and at only 200 miles on the clock! Reddit has reassured me that the rearview camera looking like garbage is normal. Now I'm looking for the best grippy tires to replace my rear ones and my search led me to a few threads here so now I'm joined! Idc about longevity or noise/comfort just want the rear to hook! Included pic of the new acquisition 馃憤 View attachment 600452
Unless you're on a drag strip with squared off slicks, Hellcats + hooking = lolwut. Better tires will reduce the tire roasting to more manageable levels, but 700-800hp on the street, even on drag radials with the light rear end the HCs have is just not in the physics. If you get to the point where you can yank out a 3.5-3.7s 0-60 on the street, you're doing good.

Congrats on the new ride.

Reactions: Winobot

Registered
21 Camaro ZL1
Yes even in 2022 the rearview camera resolution is complete dogshit. Been the same since 2015. I sure hope Dodge looks at everything for the next iteration of the challenger/charger. These poor cars needed an overhaul long ago. But congrats.

Registered
Yes even in 2022 the rearview camera resolution is complete dogshit. Been the same since 2015. I sure hope Dodge looks at everything for the next iteration of the challenger/charger. These poor cars needed an overhaul long ago. But congrats.
Mickey Thompson drag radials if you drive it often. ET Street R鈥檚 if it鈥檚 a weekend cruiser.

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Hi all,
Just got my new hellcat so I'm here to learn all I can! Already changed the front brakes over to ceramic, factory brakes had the worst brake dust I ever seen in my life and at only 200 miles on the clock! Reddit has reassured me that the rearview camera looking like garbage is normal. Now I'm looking for the best grippy tires to replace my rear ones and my search led me to a few threads here so now I'm joined! Idc about longevity or noise/comfort just want the rear to hook! Included pic of the new acquisition 馃憤 View attachment 600452
Should install ceramic pads on the rear as well. Not good to mix formulas on any car. Many here run Power Stop Z26s on all 4 corners.

Do the Factory Break-In Procedure.

The real skill of driving a HC is learning how to accelerate at a rate that does NOT spin the rear tires. You spin, you lose!

Learn Manual Shifting, the Paddles and how to deploy, and how they are interchangeable with the Shifter in Manual Mode.

You wanna Launch? Learn how to Launch using both feet; left brake, right gas, start out at 1,000 RPM Launch letting go of the brake pedal and then increase throttle at a rate you do not slip.

Now, drive the car. No other mods necessary. This preserves your Warranty.

If you change tires, you can void your Warranty. Racing voids the Warranty and the tires mentioned above assume Racing.

Registered
Charger SRT 392
Hi all,
Beautiful ride, congratulations! As for tires, Michelin PS4 is a great tire and much better than stock.

BMF
Welcome Aboard
Congratulations

Reactions: Winobot

Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Mickey Thompson drag radials if you drive it often. ET Street R鈥檚 if it鈥檚 a weekend cruiser.
Are you trying to point out two different tires in this post? I'm asking because ET Street R's are drag radials.

Edit: Now I realize that you're probably referring to the bias-ply tires with your ET Street R tires comment.

Registered
Hi all,
Welcome!

Registered
Are you trying to point out two different tires in this post? I'm asking because ET Street R's are drag radials.

Edit: Now I realize that you're probably referring to the bias-ply tires with your ET Street R tires comment.
Was looking at the et street s/s, they seem to do great according to what I've been reading.
Et street R鈥檚 are radial tires as well as Street S/S. Different is the R鈥檚 hook a lot better and you don鈥檛 ever want to run them in the rain. Both R鈥檚 and SS鈥檚 are very good tires

1 - 20 of 28 Posts