SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgraded/downgraded my Challenger situation from a 2016 Scat Pack Shaker with 20k miles to a 2015 Hellcat with 13k miles. I caught hell from my wife for making the trade because she thought the B5 blue Scat Pack Shaker with flat black stripes looked nicer that the Redline Red Hellcat. I tried to explain to her that to non-car people she's probably right but to car people they can tell and appreciate the difference. I didn't plan on making the trade but when they offered me $6k more on trade in than I paid for my Scat Pack just one year ago I couldn't pass up the deal. The only thing I don't care for are the new insurance premiums. You'd think that a 50 year old guy with a perfect driving record would catch a break on premiums but I guess that's not the case. If anyone has a line on reasonable insurance rates I'd love to hear about it. If there's anyone else from South Dakota on the forum I live in the Black Hills and we have a Facebook group called Black Hills Challengers, we'd love to meet more Challenger people from the area. Thanks.

· Premium Member
2015 Challenger Hellcat
84 Posts
Nice looking ride. I have Auto-Owners insurance. They were a little cheaper than Hagerty since they allow you to just have storage insurance in the winter months (provided you don't drive it in the winter)

· Registered
799 Posts
Same here perfect record 50+ years.......My agent got mine on a separate policy than everything else I have bundled. I guess they just don't like all that hp and the theft on these cars . Wound up with geico

· HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,709 Posts
Theft hurts our premiums.

It will not stop until grand theft auto gets you 5-10 years swinging a sledge hammer all day.
Hard labor.

White, black, yellow, green, purple, equal punishment for every color/race/nationality.

Instead, lets focus on the police being to mean to criminals who lie, steal, cheat, rape, and murder the people that follow the rules.

This is why the cops don't care about your car or mine.

· Registered
1,464 Posts
Depending on how much you plan to drive the car I went with Hagerity with total replacement value for our Hellcat Charger and my Supercharged 2014 Challenger. We pay $1400.00 per year but limited to 6,000 miles each year on each car, BTW I am 66 so that may make a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.