SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I just hit the 500 mil on my 2019 challenger red eye widebody and want to buy 2 rims and cheater slicks . I would like to get same type of rims since I live in Florida I just did not want to burn up a set of street tires learning how to use line lock. I would app. any help as to where to buy rim and tires. Thanks Glenn

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,733 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
34 Posts
Hey all I just hit the 500 mil on my 2019 challenger red eye widebody and want to buy 2 rims and cheater slicks . I would like to get same type of rims since I live in Florida I just did not want to burn up a set of street tires learning how to use line lock. I would app. any help as to where to buy rim and tires. Thanks Glenn
Many people 1st start with an 18" wheel set up (not many good tire choices for the 18" wheel in my opinion), but most end up moving to a 17" wheel eventually anyway.

If your looking for a good budget friendly Track wheel set up, check out the Racestar wheels (+/- $300 a piece) and Mickey Thompson ET Street R's. I ran the 17x10.5 Racestar Recluse with 305/45-17 M/T ET R's on my previous '16 HC and that set up was good for consistent 10.7's on an otherwise stock '16 HC.

When I upgraded to my new Redeye WB, I went with the 17x10 Forgestar D5 Beadlocks ($599 a piece) with the 315/50-17 M/T ET R's. Its the best budget friendly Beadlock set up you will find for our cars.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
605 Posts
I did the same thing. Member on here has pairs for sale but doesn't post much. PM me for his contact info.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nice. Post pics

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
83 Posts
Many people 1st start with an 18" wheel set up (not many good tire choices for the 18" wheel in my opinion), but most end up moving to a 17" wheel eventually anyway.

If your looking for a good budget friendly Track wheel set up, check out the Racestar wheels (+/- $300 a piece) and Mickey Thompson ET Street R's. I ran the 17x10.5 Racestar Recluse with 305/45-17 M/T ET R's on my previous '16 HC and that set up was good for consistent 10.7's on an otherwise stock '16 HC.

When I upgraded to my new Redeye WB, I went with the 17x10 Forgestar D5 Beadlocks ($599 a piece) with the 315/50-17 M/T ET R's. Its the best budget friendly Beadlock set up you will find for our cars.
View attachment 549109

Hey bud so you didn’t have any problems with the 17s rubbing? Im looking to get some 18s only because I heard the 17s you have to be careful with rubbing the tire wall.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
34 Posts
Hey bud so you didn’t have any problems with the 17s rubbing? Im looking to get some 18s only because I heard the 17s you have to be careful with rubbing the tire wall.
It all depends on the wheel you choose. You need to get a wheel designed for the WB. There are tons of WB HC and Demons running 17's.

The Forgestar D5's I am running are designed with the offset & backspacing for a WB set up. So I am running 17's with 315/50-17 tires and have no fitment or rubbing issues at all.

Regardless whether you go with a 17" or 18" wheel, you need to do the homework and make sure it says that it's made for a HC WB or a Demon.

For example, Forgestar makes two different versions of the D5's Beadlocks in a 17" wheel. One with a 0 offset for a WB or Demon, and one in a 30 offset for a NB.

Hope this helps answer your question.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
83 Posts
It all depends on the wheel you choose. You need to get a wheel designed for the WB. There are tons of WB HC and Demons running 17's.

The Forgestar D5's I am running are designed with the offset & backspacing for a WB set up. So I am running 17's with 315/50-17 tires and have no fitment or rubbing issues at all.

Regardless whether you go with a 17" or 18" wheel, you need to do the homework and make sure it says that it's made for a HC WB or a Demon.

For example, Forgestar makes two different versions of the D5's Beadlocks in a 17" wheel. One with a 0 offset for a WB or Demon, and one in a 30 offset for a NB.

Hope this helps answer your question.
helps a lot! I’m not a WB redeye, one of the few straight bodies out there!
I was looking at some 18s bravado’s? But I was told they weigh almost as much as factory wheels

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
34 Posts
helps a lot! I’m not a WB redeye, one of the few straight bodies out there!
I was looking at some 18s bravado’s? But I was told they weigh almost as much as factory wheels
Somehow I got confused and thought you had a WB.
There are plenty of 17" wheels for the NB, but I would recommend staying with the 305/45-17 size tire.

I would recommend looking at the Forgestar D5's or the Racestar wheels. The Racestars come in 17x9.5, 10.5, and 11 and the D5's come in a 17x10.

I ran the 17x10.5 Racestar Recluse wheels on my "16 HC NB with 405/45's and had over 150 passes on that set up.

Hit me up if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
83 Posts
Somehow I got confused and thought you had a WB.
There are plenty of 17" wheels for the NB, but I would recommend staying with the 305/45-17 size tire.

I would recommend looking at the Forgestar D5's or the Racestar wheels. The Racestars come in 17x9.5, 10.5, and 11 and the D5's come in a 17x10.

I ran the 17x10.5 Racestar Recluse wheels on my "16 HC NB with 405/45's and had over 150 passes on that set up.

Hit me up if you have any other questions.
no issues with 17s rubbing on tire wall on straight body?

theres a member in here selling 2 bravado 18x10 MT ET 305/45/18
Wondering if I should go with that?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
83 Posts
Also looking for a used set don’t want to spend 1k for an extra set of DRs since I won’t be doing much of it

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
34 Posts
no issues with 17s rubbing on tire wall on straight body?

theres a member in here selling 2 bravado 18x10 MT ET 305/45/18
Wondering if I should go with that?
No rubbing, not with the right wheels.

FWIW, many people start with the 18" Bravado wheels but end up changing to a 17" wheel later. The Bravado's are fine for starting out, but heavy. That's why there are always Bravado's for sell.

Also, there are a lot more tire choices in 17".

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
83 Posts
No, not with the right wheels.

FWIW, many people start with the 18" Bravado wheels but end up changing to a 17" wheel later. The Bravado's are fine for starting out, but heavy. That's why there are always Bravado's for sell.

Also, there are a lot more tire choices in 17".
Yeah I was told the 18s weigh as much as stock wheels lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
34 Posts
The Bravado's are fine for just having fun at the track and learning.

There are also probably plenty of 17" Racestar wheels for sale on here as well.

Good luck, and be safe. Hit me up if you have any questions.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
128 Posts
I run bravado’s and 305s on my previous hellcat just did two passes but didn’t think they were that heavy I will check weight with tires on just for my curiosity now., anyone ever get actual weight on them.,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts