SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now keep in mind we only have had this HC about 1 month and got it used. Wife was following me, I'm in the HC, and she stops me to tell me that the left rear is wobbly. So we switch and yup....looks like wheel is bent. We get home and I proceed to change to my other set of wheels and as I'm hand loosening the wobbly wheel I noticed that it's not very tight. After changing all 4 I take the wobbly wheel to 2 different shops and both say straight and balanced. Hmmmm.

I put it back on and torque it correctly and good to go.

Moral of the story..... always check everything as soon as you can when buying used because their "safety inspections " are not always done correctly.

Thanks...Scott

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neither of us could feel anything before she noticed it..... no shake, nothing. Good thing that we've been really babying it so far.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,849 Posts
Even new you should check them, on my brand new 16 SRT most were loose, some as low as 70 ft-lbs.

And you know that the chance of a dealer checking lug nut torque on a PDI is about zero.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Now keep in mind we only have had this HC about 1 month and got it used. Wife was following me, I'm in the HC, and she stops me to tell me that the left rear is wobbly. So we switch and yup....looks like wheel is bent. We get home and I proceed to change to my other set of wheels and as I'm hand loosening the wobbly wheel I noticed that it's not very tight. After changing all 4 I take the wobbly wheel to 2 different shops and both say straight and balanced. Hmmmm.

I put it back on and torque it correctly and good to go.

Moral of the story..... always check everything as soon as you can when buying used because their "safety inspections " are not always done correctly.

Thanks...Scott
That was a good catch from the wife...And that is about the best advice you could give anyone Scott 👍. Always pays to check out our cars very well. Our lives do literally depend on it sometimes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts