SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve purchased a Nitrous Express kit and ideally I’d like to run a 150 shot, but a 100 shot will be good as well. My knowledge about nitrous is very limited. I’d like to know what else I will need to run this safely. I also plan on buying either a Maximizer EZ or a Maximizer 5, but I’d like to get more info if someone has experience with it. My build consists of all the usual bolt-ons as well as all the supporting mods to run E85. Here is a picture of the nitrous kit I’ve purchased. Thank you for your help.
Product Automotive lighting Camera accessory Bottle Automotive tire

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
64 Posts
E85 supports nitrous well however your adding significant cylinder pressure on 100-150 shot on top of a car making 15+ pounds of boost. Being inexperienced, your playing with fire without solid guidance. Get yourself aligned with one of the known tuners in the HC community and let them guide your nitrous part selection and tuning/data logging. You can gain a ton of power with nitrous on boosted cars but it's not for the inexperienced. Running a 100-150 shot on an LSX car or something is pretty simple stuff but introducing it to a boosted car requires a different level of thought process.
Reach out to ZH Tunes, Dusterhoff - someone like these guys to help you do this safely.

·
Registered
2017 HC Challenger. no tune----yet.
347 Posts
E85 supports nitrous well however your adding significant cylinder pressure on 100-150 shot on top of a car making 15+ pounds of boost. Being inexperienced, your playing with fire without solid guidance. Get yourself aligned with one of the known tuners in the HC community and let them guide your nitrous part selection and tuning/data logging. You can gain a ton of power with nitrous on boosted cars but it's not for the inexperienced. Running a 100-150 shot on an LSX car or something is pretty simple stuff but introducing it to a boosted car requires a different level of thought process.
Reach out to ZH Tunes, Dusterhoff - someone like these guys to help you do this safely.
Second this. Injecting nitrous into a boosted car is not a recipe for success half a$$ing it at home. that's not saying you're gonna half a$$ it but you've got an awfully expensive car to blow a motor on when it goes lean. I run a 100 shot on the El Camino in my avatar and it's extremely thought out using edelbrock's multi port fuel injection system dual pump 1/ 2in line, etc.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your safest best bet is to run a dedicated fuel system. But $$$.
Do you think on it would be necessary to have a dedicated fuel system if I didn’t use it that much? Honestly, I would only go to the track maybe once a year and just spray for fun every once in a while.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Do you think on it would be necessary to have a dedicated fuel system if I didn’t use it that much? Honestly, I would only go to the track maybe once a year and just spray for fun every once in a while.
No, you'd most likely be just fine. I wouldn't go over a 100 shot though.
I would highly recommend a progressive controller though. Just like anything there are levels of risk.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
The safest way to do it is to have it kick in later in the RPM range, as the higher airflow and RPM allays the boost in intake mixture and cylinder pressures, but having said that, THE best is a port system directly after the aftercoolers.

·
Premium Member
2018 Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
381 Posts
My .02....I think you should start with a 50 shot, these motors under boost significantly make more power than what you would think, 50 shot usually nets around 100HP., MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF FUEL, I don't care for the tap in system, I also believe you should use a small fuel cell and dedicated line for it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My .02....I think you should start with a 50 shot, these motors under boost significantly make more power than what you would think, 50 shot usually nets around 100HP.
Honestly dude if you don't know what you're talking about don't comment.
If you spray before the blower like the OP would be with the plate kit that he has he would make LESS than the advertised amount. A 100 shot would net around 60-70.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
OK, you know it all...I am just stating what I have found on a relatively STOCk Hellcat, 9% lower only with 1200 injectors...50 shot NETTED over 100hp.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My .02....I think you should start with a 50 shot, these motors under boost significantly make more power than what you would think, 50 shot usually nets around 100HP., MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF FUEL, I don't care for the tap in system, I also believe you should use a small fuel cell and dedicated line for it.
As for the fuel availability, just for reference, I do have the Steve White duel fuel pumps with the F90000295 (535LPH) pumps and FIC1200 injectors. Will that not be enough fuel to use this nitrous kit safely? Like I mentioned earlier, I will be using this kit sparingly. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Also, that is a plate sandwiched between throtlle and housing.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
It probably would be ok, I just worry about leanout @ high rpms...

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The controller I plan on buying has a safety net. If it reads that I am running too lean, it’ll automatically shut off the nitrous system. I haven’t gotten any input or anyone that’s running this controller, but it looks like it’s good one.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
My NOS progressive has the same feature, I know it should be safe, I am just a picky one when it comes to details on anything I add to it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts