SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
386 Posts
They're unbelievable
I got a set of 315's and put them on mine with 11 miles on the clock. Night and day difference from the zero all weather's!

Nitto 555R2s are good tires, if you really want to be impressed with pure dry traction, wait till you put some MT ET Street S/S tires on.....

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
The 555R2s are WAY better than anything you can buy for the street. The stock Pirelli's suck too, but it takes nothing away from the Nitto's.
No argument there, just saying changing the Pirelli's to virtually any tire is an improvement, Nittos & MT's are a huge improvement.

On a side note one guy was suggesting the Goodyear's the Sheriffs departments uses, not sure what model it is.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,366 Posts
No argument there, just saying changing the Pirelli's to virtually any tire is an improvement, Nittos & MT's are a huge improvement.

On a side note one guy was suggesting the Goodyear's the Sheriffs departments uses, not sure what model it is.
I haven't heard of those. Goodyear has many high performance tires though, but often in oddball sizes.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
386 Posts
How do the 555R2's compare to the NTO5R's? I have a '21 SS and I am trying to figure out what to get after the factory tires are done.

A member on the forum that's goes by "16GoManGoHC" usually runs both tires for his street runs and has made comparisons between the two. I'm sure he will chime in here eventually.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Widebody (destroyer grey)
446 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
162 Posts
The Nittos are good but its pretty tough to beat the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires for daily street driving. They probably don't hook up quite as good as the Nittos but it is a very small difference and the wet traction on the PS4s plus the extended mileage you get out of them made the choice easier. Like many have said, ANYTHING made by Michelin, Continental, or Nitto is light years better than the Pirellis, it doesn't matter whether it is the factory Pirelli Summer tires or all seasons, they both suck equally. My first Hellcat ('18) had the factory summer pirellis and I swapped to a Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 all-season and they were so much better than the factory Pirelli summer tires it felt like a completely different car.

·
Premium Member
2021 Black Widebody Challenger Redeye
2,340 Posts
You put them on the wrong end. :ROFLMAO:
I ordered 4, put them all the way around. It's an extra set of wheels & tires. This way I can rotate them for track use, use originals for car shows etc. My car will rarely if ever see rain.
Actually, my Redeye is front wheel drive...

·
Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
2,792 Posts
The Nittos are good but its pretty tough to beat the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires for daily street driving. They probably don't hook up quite as good as the Nittos but it is a very small difference and the wet traction on the PS4s plus the extended mileage you get out of them made the choice easier. Like many have said, ANYTHING made by Michelin, Continental, or Nitto is light years better than the Pirellis, it doesn't matter whether it is the factory Pirelli Summer tires or all seasons, they both suck equally. My first Hellcat ('18) had the factory summer pirellis and I swapped to a Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 all-season and they were so much better than the factory Pirelli summer tires it felt like a completely different car.
That's what concerned me. I do a decent amount of track days, and unfortunately we've been stuck in the rain a lot. I have watched all the "high end" cars with the Sport Cups sliding all over the place; particularly on the front.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
162 Posts
That's what concerned me. I do a decent amount of track days, and unfortunately we've been stuck in the rain a lot. I have watched all the "high end" cars with the Sport Cups sliding all over the place; particularly on the front.
If you do track days I would go with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tires. They have been tested by every tire review known to man and come out on top every time. The Nittos might hook better in dry weather in a straight line, but the Michelins will outperform them in every other category, and certainly in the rain.

·
Premium Member
2021 Black Widebody Challenger Redeye
2,340 Posts
Personally I tried the PS4S on the rear only & got the weird rear wiggle when accelerating hard sometimes. So far the Nittos have not done this at all.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts