SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat WB, frostbite/black
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a set on my Hellcat today, wanted something with better grip than the Pirelli, wondering what people think of them for around town driving? I haven’t tracked the car but I like to ‘get on it’ around town. Haven’t had a chance to try them out since it’s been raining since they were installed, also set the PSI at 32. Was it overkill if I’m not tracking the car?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat WB, frostbite/black
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Put a set on my Hellcat today, wanted something with better grip than the Pirelli, wondering what people think of them for around town driving? I haven’t tracked the car but I like to ‘get on it’ around town. Haven’t had a chance to try them out since it’s been raining since they were installed, also set the PSI at 32. Was it overkill if I’m not tracking the car?
E98BC0AE-439C-4D4E-A410-8DD788F46DA7.jpeg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,705 Posts
I have a set that arrived yesterday, will mount them soon. I dont track my car often but need the grip on the street. We'll see what happens since my car is around 1000hp.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
92 Posts
I think they make a great street tire. Plenty of grip when you need it but can still roast them when wanted.
I have only about 300 miles on mine so I do not know how well they will last but I am very happy with them.

Varooom DSC01747.JPG DSC01750.JPG DSC01752.JPG

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,705 Posts
I think they make a great street tire. Plenty of grip when you need it but can still roast them when wanted.
I have only about 300 miles on mine so I do not know how well they will last but I am very happy with them.

Varooom View attachment 558809 View attachment 558810 View attachment 558811
I hope I'm not able to roast them, that would defeat the purpose of owning them. I want traction. Nitto 555Rs have always needed to be warmed up real good before they sticky. I can't be doing burnouts on the street to make sure they stick. I was hoping the new 555R II is stickier without needing as much heat. I understand that in cold months, they won't stick as well though, that's a given.

Reactions: Edison38

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not at all I got rid of the Perelli’s on my hellcat also they wouldn’t hookworth a ****. I put on the noodle triple fives 315/40/20 I don’t track my car but I do run it like it’s supposed to be ran. Car still breaks loose at 90 miles an hour when I get on it but other than that it’s not bad it holds really well I’ve got already about 10,000 miles on this set right now

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,705 Posts
Not at all I got rid of the Perelli’s on my hellcat also they wouldn’t hookworth a ****. I put on the noodle triple fives 315/40/20 I don’t track my car but I do run it like it’s supposed to be ran. Car still breaks loose at 90 miles an hour when I get on it but other than that it’s not bad it holds really well I’ve got already about 10,000 miles on this set right now
I fail to see how good they are if you're still breaking traction at 90mph. That sounds like they're useless unless you're using them at the track where you can do a big smokey burnout.

I'm guessing you don't have the drag radials, you just have the NT555 G2s.

Reactions: Paladin06

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
101 Posts
I have a set that arrived yesterday, will mount them soon. I dont track my car often but need the grip on the street. We'll see what happens since my car is around 1000hp.
Interested to hear what you think of them. I had the 555R on and now I have the NT05R... 305/45/18
The two tires feel about the same to me, but I can tell the NT05R gets better once it’s warm but the warmth is usually too late... lol one and done

I’m hoping the 555RII is good, it’s my last stop before MT ET Street R

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have them. Bought them months ago. When i could spin tires at 80-90 mph with the Perellis, i no longer can do that.
Im in Texas and its 100+ everyday here. These tires help me catch at 30-40mph. I absolutely love them, and would recommend them to anyone with a HC. Just stay out of the rain or drive 30-50mph and move over to the slow lane if you get stuck in the rain during your daily driving. lol

My question is, im currently leaving the Perellis up front, and Nitto is recommending we get the G2 Summer's for the front. Someone let me know if you went with that combo ? (not trying to hijack, but i guess thats exactly what im doing, sorry, very good thread!!!)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I hope I'm not able to roast them, that would defeat the purpose of owning them. I want traction. Nitto 555Rs have always needed to be warmed up real good before they sticky. I can't be doing burnouts on the street to make sure they stick. I was hoping the new 555R II is stickier without needing as much heat. I understand that in cold months, they won't stick as well though, that's a given.
You dont have to prep them. They hook regardless. You would only need to prep/burn out at the track because of stomping it when the tree hits green lol.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
101 Posts
I have them. Bought them months ago. When i could spin tires at 80-90 mph with the Perellis, i no longer can do that.
Im in Texas and its 100+ everyday here. These tires help me catch at 30-40mph. I absolutely love them, and would recommend them to anyone with a HC. Just stay out of the rain or drive 30-50mph and move over to the slow lane if you get stuck in the rain during your daily driving. lol

My question is, im currently leaving the Perellis up front, and Nitto is recommending we get the G2 Summer's for the front. Someone let me know if you went with that combo ? (not trying to hijack, but i guess thats exactly what im doing, sorry, very good thread!!!)
Hooking at 30-40? I thought that was only a myth. Haha
Man I think I’m going to try them out after I burn through these NT05Rs.

I have the 555 G2s in the front 275/40/20 on a 20x9 Weld S71. Awesome tire for sure. But I just got Alumastar Frontrunners in a 28x6 so MTs it is.

Reactions: Arakasi

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hooking at 30-40? I thought that was only a myth. Haha
Man I think I’m going to try them out after I burn through these NT05Rs.

I have the 555 G2s in the front 275/40/20 on a 20x9 Weld S71. Awesome tire for sure. But I just got Alumastar Frontrunners in a 28x6 so MTs it is.
Ha, well mine is bone stock besides a k&n stock model filter in the stock airbox.
I also havent owned my car for very long so its never been tuned or dyno'd. I could be lacking horsepower that everyone else has :)
I promise when i get on it at 30-40 it just goes, but i wouldnt say im mashed to the floor on the pedal, but enough that it downshifts very low (enough that i would expect slippage).
My first thoughst are the NT05R's would grip better ? Wonder what the variables are here, almost out of life on the nt05? :)

Im thinking of getting the G'2 and completely selling the Perellis with enough influence :D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
939 Posts
Did you get them in the 20" version? I have a little over 900whp and the 305 45 18 NTO5R would not hook under 70mph and I believe that is possibly a more aggressive compound than the 555RII. Very interested in hearing your feedback considering I haven't really heard much from the big power guys yet.

If they'll hook from a 3rd gear 50-60mph roll, I'm sold. So far the only thing that does that for me is the ET street R but wouldn't mind a bit more steeet friendly tire. Would love to be able to hook a 2nd gear 30-40 roll but I think that's impossible at this power level, regardless of tire.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did you get them in the 20" version? I have a little over 900whp and the 305 45 18 NTO5R would not hook under 70mph and I believe that is possibly a more aggressive compound than the 555RII. Very interested in hearing your feedback considering I haven't really heard much from the big power guys yet.
Good point and variable catch.
I have the 20's and 275 which was stock measurements , did not want to replace wheels.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,705 Posts

If they'll hook from a 3rd gear 50-60mph roll, I'm sold. So far the only thing that does that for me is the ET street R but wouldn't mind a bit more street friendly tire. Would love to be able to hook a 2nd gear 30-40 roll but I think that's impossible at this power level, regardless of tire.
Yea, I'm currently running a Michelin Pilot Super Sport 335/30/20 on a 11.5" wheels, I'm going to mount the Nitto 555r2 on the same wheels. Looking at the pics I've seen from those that have mounted them so far on 11" wheels, it looks like the sidewalls still bulge some so this new Nitto 555r2 must be really wide for a 315. I think its going to fit like a glove on a 11.5" wheel. I like the Michelins for day to day driving, especially in the rain but at 1000hp, they just ain't hooking on the street anywhere below 60mph.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,705 Posts
You dont have to prep them. They hook regardless. You would only need to prep/burn out at the track because of stomping it when the tree hits green lol.
Hope you're right, but 1000hp is asking a lot from any tire without good track prep. if I can get it to hook below 60mph, it will be an improvement. I'm not expecting to be able to dead hook, but it would be nice to be able to roll into the throttle some in 1st gear if possible.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,705 Posts
Interested to hear what you think of them. I had the 555R on and now I have the NT05R... 305/45/18
The two tires feel about the same to me, but I can tell the NT05R gets better once it’s warm but the warmth is usually too late... lol one and done

I’m hoping the 555RII is good, it’s my last stop before MT ET Street R
Well, I can tell you the Nitto's will never hook as well as the MT ET Street Rs. I have a set of those in a 305 18" and they're like glue, its the only tire that can get my car to hook even on the street but I wouldn't want to run them daily because they have no grooves for wet weather. The NT05 dry traction is better than the 555R but not as good in the rain. I'm hoping the 555R2 is going to be the best of both worlds, but I'm not expecting it to match the Mickeys.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
101 Posts

If they'll hook from a 3rd gear 50-60mph roll, I'm sold. So far the only thing that does that for me is the ET street R but wouldn't mind a bit more steeet friendly tire. Would love to be able to hook a 2nd gear 30-40 roll but I think that's impossible at this power level, regardless of tire.
We make around the same power and have had the same result with the NT05R in the same size which is nice to know its not just me. Haha I thought the NT05R would be a more aggressive tire as well but in this article they seem to rub the 555RIIs all over them.

I think youre right, very wishful thinking to get a tire that will handle this power level on the street without a quick prep. Im weary of anything AWD until about 60... haha

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
101 Posts
Well, I can tell you the Nitto's will never hook as well as the MT ET Street Rs. I have a set of those in a 305 18" and they're like glue, its the only tire that can get my car to hook even on the street but I wouldn't want to run them daily because they have no grooves for wet weather. The NT05 dry traction is better than the 555R but not as good in the rain. I'm hoping the 555R2 is going to be the best of both worlds, but I'm not expecting it to match the Mickeys.
I think I’m leaning that way finally. Everyone around here runs them, I was just being stubborn I guess. Grass is never greener. Haha I really just wanted to stay Nitto to match the G2s up front but now I’m going 28x6 MT so I might as well grab the ET street R. Appreciate the feedback buddy

Reactions: Blkout
1 - 20 of 41 Posts