SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So apparently No refresh for 2019. But the 392, hellcat and widebody get an all new "Drag Pack" package with 75% of the Demon's content as an option. Plus the hellcat gets a power increase to 725 horsepower. New wheels, graphics and some new options to hold us through 2019 and 2020.

(From one of the "know " guys)

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
5,006 Posts
Lies all lies I say. How dare you say the words drag pack package. I just threw my cup of coffee across the room.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lies all lies I say. How dare you say the words drag pack package. I just threw my cup of coffee across the room.
I'm so so sorry. I'll get you back for that cup of coffee..... and whatever it hit.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
296 Posts
It's amazing to me that the same basic body style will have lasted 13 model years by 2020.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,727 Posts
It's amazing to me that the same basic body style will have lasted 13 model years by 2020.
They can keep it another 13 as far as I'm concerned. It will be hard to change without effing it up, imo.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,727 Posts
It's essentially been the same body style since 1970 ;)
True. When you see an old Challenger or Cuda fresh out of the paint booth, body off and stripped of trim, it's obvious. Regular occurrence on Graveyard Carz.

Reactions: FastMikeR1

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
223 Posts
Dodge will recoup its investment in the Demon.

Wide body - Available now
Engine - Coming soon
Line lock - Coming soon
Transbrake - Coming soon
SC Cooler - Coming soon
Driveshaft - Coming soon

The Demon crate add ons will probably be worth more than the car as a collectible in the future.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,211 Posts
Interesting

I'm sure there are many guys like myself that if we could get a few of the Demon features on a std Hellcat they would be all over it

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,073 Posts
Who did not see this coming?
I thought this was well known by now.

Chevy will be offering a drag pack package.
For the Camaro ss. As well.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
223 Posts
The Charger/Challenger/300 refresh is 2021 so we still have 3 years of upgrades and special additions.

Future Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep cars, SUVs, and minivans

Challenger sales are up 24% yoy so to think that they'd sink a ton of money into the Demon and not make it back is silly. That investment is already paying dividends now and the car isn't out yet.

Dodge still needs an ACR platform to replace the Viper. I'm thinking AWD wide body similar to the Demon with its weight savings options and super light carbon fiber wheels. They need a GT350R and ZL1 killer and that would be it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,815 Posts
The Charger/Challenger/300 refresh is 2021 so we still have 3 years of upgrades and special additions.
No, the complete new car is 2021, there was supposed to be a cosmetic refresh in 2019 which made sense since 2015-2018 the same look, so 4 years exactly the same, 2019 would have given a unique look for 2 years until the new car. Charger was supposed to be refreshed too. Guess if you believe this thread, that probably won't happen either. I'm still hoping the refresh is on, but with sales what they are they probably don't need it. Oh, and for the first time ever Challenger outsold Mustang in monthly sales, beat both Camaro and Mustang in June.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
223 Posts
No, the complete new car is 2021, there was supposed to be a cosmetic refresh in 2019 which made sense since 2015-2018 the same lool, so 4 years exactly the same, 2019 would have given a unique look for 3 years until the new car. Charger was supposed to be refreshed too. Guess if you believe this thread, that probably won't happen either. I'm still hoping the refresh is on, but with sales what they are they probably don't need it. Oh, and for the first time ever Challenger outsold Mustang in monthly sales, beat both Camaro and Mustang in June.Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
You're correct the "new" platform is based on the Alfa Giulia, its not a refresher for 2021. Good news is the new platform is being fitted for a good ole Mopar V8 so I'm happy waiting while I enjoy my current Cat.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
296 Posts
It's essentially been the same body style since 1970 ;)
Not exactly. There was no Challenger (except for that Mitsubishi thing) from 1974 through 2007. The major body panels haven't changed on this one since it's début in 2008. That's like forever in car years.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,532 Posts
Definition of sarcasm
  1. 1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

2. 2a : a mode of satirical witdepending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual : the use or language of sarcasm

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8 Posts
Hey, just reviving this thread since it's almost October. I'm just wondering if there's any new information on if this 2019 refresh is taking place? I've heard conflicting information. I'm so close to ordering a 2018 SRT 392 but have reservations because of this possible refresh. If the OP is stating legit info, I can live with those types of changes as I don't plan to take my car to the strip. I've waited over three years so I'm super-excited. That said, I just don't want to buy if lots of changes come out the very next model year (I am aware of the complete refresh slated for 2021). It would be greatly appreciated if anyone "in the know" has anything else to add. I do realize it's still way early and totally understand why FCA doesn't like to talk about future models. I'm a realist but always hold out some hope someone may know just enough so I can make an informed decision. Thanks!

·
Pontiac Bred ................. SRT Addicted
Challenger SRT Hellcat
829 Posts
Seems the Giorgio platform (from the Guilia & Stelvio) is now out. Latest (rumor) is the new platform will be based on the M157 from the masterti ghibli. There have also been recent statements (rumors) about new performance packs for 2019 (aka demon flow down). I'm in the same boat - considering ordering a 2018 SRT392 but now I'm wondering ....

1 - 20 of 252 Posts