SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
406 Posts
Well that sucks. GM did the same thing with the C8 Corvette.

·
Registered
Challenger SPWB 392
367 Posts
If this is true guess the manual trans warranty repair cost graph on some spreadsheet somewhere at Dodge moved above the acceptable tag mark when bolted to the Hellcat engine and the delete button was pushed.

Did Dodge ever warrant the clutch?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
533 Posts
Not surprised...simply easier and more profitable to build the autos

Better performance, generally better mpg, etc etc

Sucks to be guys who want the manuals though

·
Premium Member
2021 Dodge Charger Hellcat Redeye
87 Posts
6 sp is available in Hellcats. Just not available in the Redeyes.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
very strange as dodge/ca if you build the 2021 hellcat there is no 6 speed only auto
Then on dodge.com it shows a 6 speed option.
So i guess only cars built for USA ( Hellcats non Redeye ) have option as 6 speed option and none for canada?
Totally weird....LOL

·
Registered
113 Posts
There was a thread on this and lots of discussion. So at this point the 6M isn’t available. A forum member contacted the SRT Hotline and they were told the plan is to offer the 6M in April but it’s not a guarantee. I called customer service in Detroit and they said it’s possible that it will still be offered. So gonna wait and see what happens next month.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
298 Posts
There was a thread on this and lots of discussion. So at this point the 6M isn’t available. A forum member contacted the SRT Hotline and they were told the plan is to offer the 6M in April but it’s not a guarantee. I called customer service in Detroit and they said it’s possible that it will still be offered. So gonna wait and see what happens next month.
That was me. I’m pretty sure the Canadian site reflects what can actually be ordered right now. I believe if/when 6spd ordering opens up, the Canadian site will be updated. Srt hotline told me they are still planning on offering them for 2021 but couldn’t provide an exact date. Another member had their dealer contact a dodge rep and he mentioned possibly in April they may open up the ordering banks.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,704 Posts
NOT an option on the Canadian site. Still an option on the US site. Honestly, a HC is far faster and better with an A8. But I get why you want to row your own . its just slower. HC with a M6 feels like a 392 with an A8

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does anyone know how long the production cycle lasts for a given model year and how late in the cycle one can be ordered.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,146 Posts
Donlen saying 21 order banks close Aug 5th so guess end of production late Sept.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
They just aren't available to order right now due to supply issues. Lots of supply issues right now, we cant order hemi or heated seats/wheel package on rams right now either.

·
Registered
30 Posts
NOT an option on the Canadian site. Still an option on the US site. Honestly, a HC is far faster and better with an A8. But I get why you want to row your own . its just slower. HC with a M6 feels like a 392 with an A8
To each their own but I disagree. 1) I owned a 392 challenger and my m6 HC is MUCH faster. Not even remotely comparable. 2) "better" is a relative term. I would say that the M6 is better. Get much more control over the car, more fun, etc. but if all you care about is 1/8th and 1/4 then maybe A8 is better... however I have raced an A8 with my M6 and they slightly pull on me in that .4 seconds it takes to shift and by the time we brake the nose of their car might be a foot ahead of my nose. This can be fixed with drag radials on the street vs street tires from a dig. Or simple bolts ons. So to give up drivability for a almost no gain to go to A8 is unrealistic for me. Again to each their own and im in no way bashing you... just disagreeing.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,325 Posts
hahaha

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
856 Posts
They just aren't available to order right now due to supply issues. Lots of supply issues right now, we cant order hemi or heated seats/wheel package on rams right now either.
No heated seats in the Canada?!?!? Yikes! What's next? No a/c south of the Mason-Dixon line?!?!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts