SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,039 Posts
It's not so much a special skill these days, rather, knowledge of an antiquated, less efficient means of changing gears. Give a teenager a rotary phone today and watch how they can't make a phone call.

False.

Everything else in our fleet is automatic. I am still the only one who can move the Hellcat. That makes it a skill. People at autocross, the drags, and cruise nights are blown away to see a stick car - much less one driven hard. Reasonably well. And Often.

For a self-proclaimed "writer" your critical thinking skills and objectivity are suffering.

Nostalgia is king.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
much less one driven hard. Reasonably well. And Often.

Nostalgia is king.
Driving mine hard is why at this very moment I’m pulling the trans, Diff, snd axles, they got driven a bit too hard lol.
9 seconds in a stick Hellcat can be done, but it doesn’t come often, everything has to be just right. But doing it once let me know it can be done it just takes lots of practice and unfortunately as I’m finding out parts replacement.

Receipt Font Material property Magenta Number
Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,039 Posts
Driving mine hard is why at this very moment I’m pulling the trans, Diff, snd axles, they got driven a bit too hard lol.
9 seconds in a stick Hellcat can be done, but it doesn’t come often, everything has to be just right. But doing it once let me know it can be done it just takes lots of practice and unfortunately as I’m finding out parts replacement.

View attachment 580360 View attachment 580361
As awesome as that time slip is. And it is awesome. It's all the time spent in between driving a manual that makes the relationship special... even fixing things.

I could never handle the sterile relationship with the A8 cars. The feeling of insulation and disconnection would kill me. Ironically, this is not a problem in my older 4 speed auto GMs. They are raucous and raunchy builds - and clunk and clamour more than the stock TR-6060 in the Kitty with a Barton ever could.

I missed fourth under power the other day and had all the emotions. Heh.

·
HOTM Winner
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,576 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
1,261 Posts
I've said many times before, we will soon be at a point when people will tell A8 owners:

"Why are you pushing a pedal and turning a wheel, let the car drive itself, it's faster that way."

And you can do it with an app while you are on the couch watching TV...

Some people will never understand...

·
Registered
673 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts

View attachment 580360 View attachment 580361
Just went to Numidia the last weekend in July to visit the wife's family. We went the the tract that Saturday and watched Super Stocks. They also had a car show going on at same time. Great weather and good times!

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
1,261 Posts
I used to do High Power competition in Service Rifle division. HC’s are very cool, but hitting a 12” 10-ring at 600y with no artificial support (prone with sling only) and iron sights is really cool. I won several state championships. One year at Camp Perry I was 23/1000+, 7th civilian. (16 people ahead of me were AMU, full time professional rifle competitors.)

Then CMP and NRA started allowing scopes…. Suddenly everybody was Master classification. Kinda ruined the sport for me.

It would be really interesting to see 7-800hp in a car with a M6, no ABS, no stability control, no traction control, no nothing but gas, tires, oil and HP. Let the skill decide who wins! I am obsolete.

Edit: Technology can certainly improve the breed, but it can also take away from the sport.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi @PitchBlackCat ,
As we posted on the other thread- Manual transmission Dodge Challenger Hellcats will be available for the 2022 model year. We are working hard to make manual transmission hellcats available, however currently they are not available for order.
Please use the link below to learn more about 2022 Dodge Challengers and Chargers.

Rob
Dodge Cares
Any updates? I'm ready to order, and want to know if I can order a Hellcat M6 or if a Scat Pack is the only way to get a manual Challenger at this point.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I really hope this is not true info. I want to order a M6 hellcat so bad.
@DodgeCares said they were coming up around March. I think it's a supply issue, again, like most of everything in the last few months. Whatever you do, don't cause a lifetime of regrets by buying a Brand X car to get a manual transmission.

If it were ME on the prowl for a new car, I'd have every dealer I could find with a down payment just waiting to go. Getting some fartmobile from another brand would not be a consideration. That consideration died the moment I wore a Maserati, er, stuffed myself inside one.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
It's all the time spent in between driving a manual that makes the relationship special... even fixing things.
I must say I DO enjoy research, and just researching every last available clutch I could find to nail down what I want, whether proven McLeods or some less-ballyhooed clutches like the Spec that seem, on paper, to have good specs. I wouldn't even mind Frankensteining some parts together to have the clutch behavior I want. Then which gear ratio to use in first (2.22 to 2.96), which rear end ratio, such as the (yes, hugely tall in a street M6) 2.62 on up to the engine-spinning 3.90.
So many things about which to do research, which I like to share with others so they can cut short their shopping experience and look out for stuff they may not have thought of.

I want a clutch that is lighter than stock and has sprung hubs and a pressure plate bolted directly to the flywheel.

Not much in the way of research to do with an auto. Also, and this is becoming more likely as time goes by, if I have to slap a carb on it and eliminate the bypass valve due to an EMP strike, I can still drive this thing. I saw two Hondas suddenly flat quit at the selfsame intersection in Maui, right next to a criminal junkyard/chop shop. Not all EMP weapons are wielded by governments. On the first one, the thug er owner of the junkyard swiftly came over to help the pretty girl whose car it was. eyeroll

I know it was suspicious because I was driving the second one, and the computer just flat died, just like in the girl's car, right at the same intersection. The chances of that happening are what, one in ten billion? When's the last time you ever heard of two Honda engine computers dying within ten feet of each other?

·
Registered
673 Posts
@DodgeCares said they were coming up around March. I think it's a supply issue, again, like most of everything in the last few months. Whatever you do, don't cause a lifetime of regrets by buying a Brand X car to get a manual transmission.

If it were ME on the prowl for a new car, I'd have every dealer I could find with a down payment just waiting to go. Getting some fartmobile from another brand would not be a consideration. That consideration died the moment I wore a Maserati, er, stuffed myself inside one.
Yall could do like me. I bought a M6 to enjoy now and told my dealer to call me when I can order a M6 (preferably a B5 blue one). When that happens I'll upgrade to exactly what I want. If that day never comes, I'll continue to love the one I have now.

121 - 140 of 141 Posts