SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

No more stock orders?

6630 Views 58 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  Confuzed2
I just had a dealer email me and say "Effective today, Chrysler won’t be scheduling stock orders for Charger and Challenger Hellcats. They must be sold orders to be scheduled for production." Any truth to that ResumeSpeed?
Reactions: Tomboy67
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,088 Posts
one step closer, but dealers can still make customers give up a sale by refusing to sell it at an "agreed" upon price then throwing into stock. Or ordering them under fake/family names
If somebody from Dodge is reading the messages posted in this forum ( I doubt it) they should be aware of that "trick". But again, that is only a dream that I have

· Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,088 Posts
What I have been noticing is that in the last few days Cars.com has a lot less Hellcats than, let's say, 2 weeks ago. They used to have around 190 listed and now they have 135. Is there an issue with the production maybe?

And many of them are already sold ( I called more than 10 dealerships yesterday)

· Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,088 Posts
Yes it is true. The Dealer I'm dealing with, tried to put my order in and the System would not accept the order. He called his Rep. and was told to put the order in as a sold order and it went right through.

Jack

You are extremely lucky. You placed your order today and it is accepted. Many of us here put an order 4, 5 or 6 months ago and still nothing. Go and play the Powerball for tomorrow :)

· Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,088 Posts
he didn't get a VIN, his order just went through. What he's saying is dodge is actually stopping stock orders. Sold Orders only now. So if they try to order a car for the lot, it won't let them. They have to punch it in as a sold order and type in the customers info now.
He will get a VIN in a few days if the order went through, I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.