SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd pass this on. No wars intended. I have been using Amsoil in all my cars and trucks since 1983. Their 80wt. Gear oil eliminated a constant 2nd gear grind when cold shifting below freezing on the 1-2 shift. It would go away after a thourough warm up but IMO, not right in a brand new truck. The dealer said the problem was recognized by the Toyota Factory and there was no repair for it. They said, "let it warm up more and shift slower to help". I put 80w Amsoil in that brand new 83 Toyota 4x4 longbed transmision and owned it till 2005 and never had any gear grind even at 40 below Zero. Anyways, I love the oils, grease and gear lubes this Company puts out and am currently using the
DOMINATOR® 15W-50 Racing Oil in my 426cid Hellcat, two 79Jeep Cj-5's one w/360cid, one w/304cid, and a 2016 Santa-Fe Sport Ultimate 2.0Turbo, and Amsoil is in all the Differentials, Transmissions, Engines, and Transfer-Cases. Never had a problem even with my old boosted Dodge Duallies w/ the 24 Valve Cummins Engine and always change the Engine oil & Filter once a year on the drivers. Here is some good information.

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is this an advertisement for amsoil? no thanks, its not certified by API
Not interested? Don't read the linked info then! Only posted for people who maybe interested in the best protection available for their cars or trucks, not a smirky reply. Amsoil doesn't need to buy their way into API club. And all their products, meets or exceeds manufacturers recommended API ratings and maintains all manufacturer's warranties, and with many of their oils maintain warranty even with extended drain intervals. Their Spec sheets and comparisons speak for themselves.
Not advertising, just a happy lifetime user, NIASE certified Mechanic, GM Full Line Service Manger and Amsoil products user that has seen first hand the benefits of it's performance and peace of mind.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
5W50 Signature Synthetic in my forged build, 950 wheel that doesn’t get babied, EVER, good stuff. 🥇

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
251 Posts
I've been using Amsoil for the last 13 years in my old R/T and now 'cat. That said, all of this is anecdotal. Unless you've got horrendously malformed oil or you're sending in oil for analysis after running it, it's all butt-dyno commentary. Like "after that CAI my car feels crisper" isn't meaningful, comments about oil being awesome / not-awesome aren't meaningful.

·
Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
1,867 Posts
Do they make anything to make our 8-speeds shift better?

·
Registered
'17 Daytona, Ray Barton forged 392. Magnuson tvs2300, dss drive shaft, eibach, kooks, catless...
55 Posts
There's not one synthetic oil that's "better" than the other. All synthetic oil POA bases come from three manufacturers, Shell, ExxonMobil, and Chevron. Additive packages come from two, Lubrizol and Infineum. Amsoil is a blender just like motul, royal purple, Ashland (valvoline). I would say some oils are better at a particular application based on their add packages. If I was going to the track I'd run royal purple, redline, or motul for their excellent temporary ability to withstand high pressure and sheer resistance. For a street car, weekend cruiser or daily I'd say use what ever synthetic you want as long as you change it when manufacturers say. I think filtration is much more important than brand of oil.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Not interested? Don't read the linked info then! Only posted for people who maybe interested in the best protection available for their cars or trucks, not a smirky reply. Amsoil doesn't need to buy their way into API club. And all their products, meets or exceeds manufacturers recommended API ratings and maintains all manufacturer's warranties, and with many of their oils maintain warranty even with extended drain intervals. Their Spec sheets and comparisons speak for themselves.
Not advertising, just a happy lifetime user, NIASE certified Mechanic, GM Full Line Service Manger and Amsoil products user that has seen first hand the benefits of it's performance and peace of mind.
so it is another commercial...I got it...and I'll pass

1 - 12 of 12 Posts