SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
51E3CF03-BA90-47D5-BC90-4D5EE89BD5BE.jpeg
Conditions were as expected. A little too warm for the best performance (84 degrees with a 2400’ da). And of coarse a 10-20 mph head wind with dust devils blowing across the runway. :confused: But.... it’s Gila Bend! Don’t know how many cars were there, but over a hundred. The wait in line was close to 30 minutes at times which didn’t help with the temps. SRT Autoworks pit was full of modded Hellcats surrounding the E85 Trackhawk, Demon and a new Redeye that didn’t even have plates yet. I don’t want to say for sure but I think I was fastest for our group. 171mph........:cool:

·
HOTM Winner
3,693 Posts
View attachment 509843 Conditions were as expected. A little too warm for the best performance (84 degrees with a 2400’ da). And of coarse a 10-20 mph head wind with dust devils blowing across the runway. :confused: But.... it’s Gila Bend! Don’t know how many cars were there, but over a hundred. The wait in line was close to 30 minutes at times which didn’t help with the temps. SRT Autoworks pit was full of modded Hellcats surrounding the E85 Trackhawk, Demon and a new Redeye that didn’t even have plates yet. I don’t want to say for sure but I think I was fastest for our group. 171mph........:cool:
Nice!! Very well done Marc. The weather wasn’t like last time we were there. Sounds much hotter and humid than before and crazy high DA. We had 500 DA when we were there last.

171 is moving out. Good job.

·
Administrator
7,528 Posts
Nice job Marc. That is moving.
I'm waiting for spring still:(.
So keep sharing it helps;).
That's a cool pic btw

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice!! Very well done Marc. The weather wasn’t like last time we were there. Sounds much hotter and humid than before and crazy high DA. We had 500 DA when we were there last.

171 is moving out. Good job.
Thanks Phil. Yeah it wasn’t as good for performance as last time. Or comfort in the car in line. Lol Everybody was running in shorts and tank tops. Thank goodness for the ice box! Btw... that chute is wonderful! That’s the first time I deployed it. I was concerned that it was going to be a violent event with the wheels being lifted off the ground (it’s a full size chute). It wasn’t. Could hardly feel it open. The car just started slowing down. I hardly had to use the brakes once it was open and you know how stopping is out there. You’ll be wanting one for sure.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That's awesome. Unfortunately I was in bed all day Saturday. Friday night I was oncall and ended up getting called in for an emergency. I would have loved to have seen all the cars run.

I would have to imagine there are no more 1/2 mile at Gila Bend till it cools down later this year?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's awesome. Unfortunately I was in bed all day Saturday. Friday night I was oncall and ended up getting called in for an emergency. I would have loved to have seen all the cars run.

I would have to imagine there are no more 1/2 mile at Gila Bend till it cools down later this year?
Yeah. Don’t know when the next one is but not until late fall at least. Don’t want to be out there until probably November.

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
View attachment 509843 Conditions were as expected. A little too warm for the best performance (84 degrees with a 2400’ da). And of coarse a 10-20 mph head wind with dust devils blowing across the runway. :confused: But.... it’s Gila Bend! Don’t know how many cars were there, but over a hundred. The wait in line was close to 30 minutes at times which didn’t help with the temps. SRT Autoworks pit was full of modded Hellcats surrounding the E85 Trackhawk, Demon and a new Redeye that didn’t even have plates yet. I don’t want to say for sure but I think I was fastest for our group. 171mph........:cool:

How much shutdown length did you have???

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
And moving thread to racing forum

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much shutdown length did you have???
I'm actually not sure what the exact length is, but....... the fast heavy cars are really burning their brakes to get stopped. Ask Whipcat what his looked like at the end of the winter event last year. His disks were purple. I thought they looked good....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
What's the airport used, I'll go find the runway length.

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
This one? 5200' total length, so yeah, that's a bit short...

upload_2019-3-31_13-46-7.png

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah 5200 ft. And when it's over.... it's over. We were running from bottom to top in that picture.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nice job Marc! Really enjoyed running with the Omega crew over the last two years when they visited Rantoul Illinois. Unfortunately i don't think their coming back around here, good people will really miss them.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The video of this run is on youtube and FB now. Posted by SRT Autoworks Tommy Peters. He's driving the red Charger Hellcat. Both cars are SRT-A built with 900whp tunes by Tim Barth....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts