Maybe this will save someone unnecessary work...
- Installed 305/35R20 on Factory Repro 20x10.5" wheels. Remember all those posts saying 305's won't rub? Both tires rubbed at the very rear of the thin plastic wheel well liner. Sounded loud inside the car but it was just that flimsy plastic liner. Used a heat gun to move it out of the way and that fixed the rubbing noise... or so I thought.
- Drove the car for a few weeks without issue and out of nowhere a new pulsing/dragging noise started that sounded like a rear brake dragging ONLY when making slow tight turns, both left and right.
- Checked all the on-line info from other forums and Facebook and came up with possibility of either a brake dragging or need to change diff fluid.
- Since I had changed to PowerStop pads I thought a possible brake issue. Pulled them apart, nothing found, reassembled.
- So possibly the differential... I thought it would be a good idea to do a diff oil change anyway since I had little history on the last owner.
- Changed the diff fluid and was glad I did since the oil that came out was low about 8 ounces. Changed the oil using MOPAR #6083381AA. Installed a magnetic drain plug and STILL making the same noise.
- For some lucky reason I again visited the possibility of a tire rub being the cause of this noise. But I was SURE that I had corrected that with a heat gun weeks ago and it didn't sound like the original rub on the wheel well liner... WRONG!
- The plastic liner that I had heated and moved... on both rear wheel wells... had moved back to it's original position and was rubbing again!
- This time I used a cable tie on each side to pull back the liner... NO MORE RUBBING !