SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,988 Posts
Just looked thru cars.com real quick and Challengers all seem to be yellow, the Chargers are pink or purple.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,532 Posts

·
Registered
SRT Hellcat M6
80 Posts
They had pink ones briefly in 2019 for what I suspect was a PR stunt to increase the overall popularity, stating that it was the designers insisting that you remove it and you'd remove them if they were pink. Then pink ones became collectable and the yellow ones became a must-have to let everyone know you have a hellcat.

·
Registered
SRT Hellcat M6
80 Posts
Which is just dumb since they don't only come on hellcats. Come on the scat packs too for sure if not the RT's too.
The feature got depreciated. Much like the widebody, single nostril hood, etc, hellcat front bumper.

Given the Chrysler will go out of their way to do everything to spend as little money on engineering as possible, these cheap gimmicks that appear on hellcats become great selling tools for the regular challengers a couple years later.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Gimmick? Feature? You do realize they were there to protect the splitter during transport to the dealership right? They were never intended to be left on the car. It's almost like saying the feature/gimmick of putting plastic on the seats at the factory got played out when a couple people decided to leave them on like my grandmother did to her couches 30+ years ago.

·
Registered
SRT Hellcat M6
80 Posts
Gimmick? Feature? You do realize they were there to protect the splitter during transport to the dealership right? They were never intended to be left on the car. It's almost like saying the feature/gimmick of putting plastic on the seats at the factory got played out when a couple people decided to leave them on like my grandmother did to her couches 30+ years ago.
Thanks Frosty, of course I realize that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts