SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my first Hellcat. Owned at WB Scat Pack for 1 1/2 years and learned how to drive it...very well. 6M and hit 3.9 0-60 on P Zero All Seasons a few weeks ago-I have a pic of the dash timer to prove it. Point is I can drive. But not this Hellcat, not yet. It's a different beast altogether, I quickly found out. It's a 2018 with 650 miles (850 now). Minor cosmetic alterations (Hellcat badge illumination on the ground when you open up the doors at night, the graphics between the trunk taillights, and a wrap on the hood, top, and trunk lid). Also a trunk lid crease I have to get straightened out. In any case, I do have some real confusion about the hood and airbox; as in, are they legitimate. By all appearances, the hood is an actual OEM demon hood as well as the airbox...BUT HOW? I mean the airbox, maybe, but the hood?! Who did this guy know at what dealership to get a factory Demon hood on this thing? Like I said, I'm trying to find answers. The hood is aluminum (as you can see by the palm dent on the left side), so maybe that's a clue. Is the OEM Demon hood aluminum? IDK, but if it isn't, then there lies my answer. Can anyone provide any insight? Thank you all.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
338 Posts
Congrats on the ride, she looks great! As for the hood, it's completely possible they got it off a wrecked car. Could also be that someone knew someone who was upgrading a Demon and bought the parts... They do make aftermarket Demon hoods in aluminum....but that doesnt quite look like the ones I see..

Either way, you got something nice... ENJOY!

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on the ride, she looks great! As for the hood, it's completely possible they got it off a wrecked car. Could also be that someone knew someone who was upgrading a Demon and bought the parts... They do make aftermarket Demon hoods in aluminum....but that doesnt quite look like the ones I see..

Either way, you got something nice... ENJOY!

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the reply, and cool username as well. Yep I didn’t think about coming off of a wrecked demon (of which there are probably more than one or two). However do you know anything about the stock demon hood… As in is it aluminum? If it is then I’m certain my hood is an FCA part and not an aftermarket piece of shit.

Are there any things I need to be looking for as far as engine noises-knocks dings clicks etc.?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
338 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Demon
53 Posts
Car looks awesome and yes the hood is aluminum on the demons, but like someone mentioned above it’s possible it came from a wrecked car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts