SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2022 retro body challenger hellcat
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a 22 hellcat challenger NB in late April (brand new)after I hit 1000 miles I finally used the Red key and took it to an isolated road and did a couple of burnouts,putting it in track mode and shutting the traction control off I layed into it,first trying a rolling burnout it just gradually(no spinning)started pulling,next I just hit the gas from a dead stop(no line lock)and it spun in first and second but then it appears that TC kicked in as it grabbed with a slight bog and took off,I’ve seen videos of these cars doing burnouts 50 yards long,am I doing something wrong or did FCA neuter my HC?

·
Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
3,043 Posts
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeew, that was one lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng sentence. So, you've had it for a few months and only 1000 miles? I'd say that you're doing something wrong. You just need more seat time.

·
Registered
'22 Sinamon Redeye Standard Body
2,885 Posts
I bought a 22 hellcat challenger NB in late April (brand new)after I hit 1000 miles I finally used the Red key and took it to an isolated road and did a couple of burnouts,putting it in track mode and shutting the traction control off I layed into it,first trying a rolling burnout it just gradually(no spinning)started pulling,next I just hit the gas from a dead stop(no line lock)and it spun in first and second but then it appears that TC kicked in as it grabbed with a slight bog and took off,I’ve seen videos of these cars doing burnouts 50 yards long,am I doing something wrong or did FCA neuter my HC?.
You should be fine. If you want to know if you're getting proper power go into the performance pages and check out the parameters. FYI if you're at any kind of altitude it will not show 11psi of boost.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You should be fine. If you want to know if you're getting proper power go into the performance pages and check out the parameters. FYI if you're at any kind of altitude it will not show 11psi of boost.
Thanks,I’ll check it out tonight

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
2,822 Posts
First: Give it a proper break-in.

Second: If you want to have fun, turn TC off completely, but be aware and careful. Personally, I never turn TC completely off, it is a great engine safety device.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Get familiar with the different TC 'off' modes, it's not off the first time you click it off. You need to be in the correct mode and press and hold. And it gets squirrelly quick with it fully off

·
Registered
2022 Charger Redeye
523 Posts
I bought a 22 hellcat challenger NB in late April (brand new)after I hit 1000 miles I finally used the Red key and took it to an isolated road and did a couple of burnouts,putting it in track mode and shutting the traction control off I layed into it,first trying a rolling burnout it just gradually(no spinning)started pulling,next I just hit the gas from a dead stop(no line lock)and it spun in first and second but then it appears that TC kicked in as it grabbed with a slight bog and took off,I’ve seen videos of these cars doing burnouts 50 yards long,am I doing something wrong or did FCA neuter my HC?
BTW. Just be careful. I got a couple good deals on wrecked mopar muscle cars from people who turned off TC.😁 Seems most of the wrecked ones got that way with TC off 🙄

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
115 Posts
Put it in sport mode and give it a try.

Reactions: Action man

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BTW. Just be careful. I got a couple good deals on wrecked mopar muscle cars from people who turned off TC.😁 Seems most of the wrecked ones got that way with TC off 🙄
Sport mode,TC completely off= smoke show,now that’s what I was looking for 😁

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,856 Posts
That was a good read. Glad it works as expected. Don’t know how hot it was or where you are at OP, but let it get colder out and go do that some more.

Reactions: Action man
1 - 20 of 23 Posts