SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
E3785424-232E-4EC4-A68A-A99756187173.jpeg
The wife’s ‘15 challenger M6 Kitty needed tires, my ‘19 only had 4k on the odometer, so I gave her my P Zero 275 Summers. I picked up the FR 77 HC2 20X11’s and a set of 315/35/20 NT05 non R’s and 275/40/20 NT05’s up front and it’s a different car! Got in a panic stop situation at 80 and she pulled 1.26 G’s on the binders and never lost traction. She feels like drag radials (still over powering them, but much better than stock) on the flat pedal and she sticks through the corners like my old modded ‘09 GT500 with Custom suspension and wide sticky’s (GT500 was 1.09 G’s on the skid pad). The down side, she’ll need new shoes every 10-12k. Just wanted to share how impressed I am with this setup.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you put 20X11 on all four corners ? Any issues with that size up front?
Only in back, 20x9.5 15mm offset up front with 275’s

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
49 Posts
Nice, can you please post a picture or two that shows the back with the 11’s I’m contemplating that potentially as well?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
33 Posts
Dodge should be putting on Nittos from the factory on all HC’s. They already had an licensed agreement with them already for Demon tires. Nice set up glad y’all are happy!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
989 Posts
So about the cornering? Are they better feeling and grip than the Pirelli Summer in the twisties? I have a brand new set of the same tire waiting to be mounted...mabey today!!! Thank you for the post.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So about the cornering? Are they better feeling and grip than the Pirelli Summer in the twisties? I have a brand new set of the same tire waiting to be mounted...mabey today!!! Thank you for the post.
I loose the front end traction before the ass end starts to break traction, that’s a huge difference, much more confidence hitting my apex through the corners and exiting the corner under more throttle. Im having a blast with these.

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392
82 Posts
I have the same on my 392, but 275s all around. They really come alive with a lot of heat in them: did 1.25 forward, left and right at VIR lap after lap with no "greasyness" like some tires can get.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
365 Posts
I've got NT05R's in the rears on 10.5" star replicas. Can't wait to go back to Mickey Thompsons. The stock Pirelli's up front work well. Put Nitto's on after two sets of MT drag radials. Won't make that mistake again. The Nitto's don't even come close to hooking up like the MT's.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got NT05R's in the rears on 10.5" star replicas. Can't wait to go back to Mickey Thompsons. The stock Pirelli's up front work well. Put Nitto's on after two sets of MT drag radials. Won't make that mistake again. The Nitto's don't even come close to hooking up like the MT's.
“Non R’s” we’re not talking about drag radials. If you want DR’s, MT’s are the only way to go!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
365 Posts
“Non R’s” we’re not talking about drag radials. If you want DR’s, MT’s are the only way to go!
I know. I'm talking about Nitto's in general. Way better tires out there that actually stick (i.e. Michy's, MT's, Goodyears, etc.) Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
105 Posts
View attachment 532707 The wife’s ‘15 challenger M6 Kitty needed tires, my ‘19 only had 4k on the odometer, so I gave her my P Zero 275 Summers. I picked up the FR 77 HC2 20X11’s and a set of 315/35/20 NT05 non R’s and 275/40/20 NT05’s up front and it’s a different car! Got in a panic stop situation at 80 and she pulled 1.26 G’s on the binders and never lost traction. She feels like drag radials (still over powering them, but much better than stock) on the flat pedal and she sticks through the corners like my old modded ‘09 GT500 with Custom suspension and wide sticky’s (GT500 was 1.09 G’s on the skid pad). The down side, she’ll need new shoes every 10-12k. Just wanted to share how impressed I am with this setup.
Looks awesome!! I think that's what I'm going with next

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
20 Posts
Nice upgrade! I really liked the 555r's and wished they came in a 315. I'll keep these in mind the next time I'm shopping.

·
Registered
In The Market
122 Posts
Nice upgrade! I really liked the 555r's and wished they came in a 315. I'll keep these in mind the next time I'm shopping.
If Nitto made the 555R in a 315 it would be the best selling performance tire on the market. It totally sucks they don't. That's why I am considering the NT05 in a 315 not the R though.

·
Registered
In The Market
190 Posts
If Nitto made the 555R in a 315 it would be the best selling performance tire on the market. It totally sucks they don't. That's why I am considering the NT05 in a 315 not the R though.
100% on this. Why the hell doesn't Nitto make 555R in larger sizes, ie. 315, 335, 345? Definitely a market for them.

Reactions: Mflames44
1 - 15 of 15 Posts