SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Im new to the forum as i recently purchased a 2019 challenger hellcat. I recently had sone aftermarket led lights installed under the car. I took car to dealer thinking battery was bad and dealer confirmed. However, they are saying they cannot connect to the obd in order to get diagnosis to send for warranty coverage. I need help to see why obd will not connect for diagnosis. Thanks

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
909 Posts
If the car is under warranty I would think they should fix that also? Sounds like they just don't want to replace the battery.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
740 Posts
IS the OBD port connected to the extra lights? Are they trying to say the lights are preventing them from connecting? IF you killed the battery due to the extra lights, they can easily deny the warranty then.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
909 Posts
IS the OBD port connected to the extra lights? Are they trying to say the lights are preventing them from connecting? IF you killed the battery due to the extra lights, they can easily deny the warranty then.
Good point!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,532 Posts
Ya I'd never bring my car in for electrical warranty after having someone else do electrical work lol. Waiting to hear what happens...

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,403 Posts
Hello everyone. Im new to the forum as i recently purchased a 2019 challenger hellcat. I recently had sone aftermarket led lights installed under the car. I took car to dealer thinking battery was bad and dealer confirmed. However, they are saying they cannot connect to the obd in order to get diagnosis to send for warranty coverage. I need help to see why obd will not connect for diagnosis. Thanks
Remove the LED lights.

Get an OBD2 scan tool. I use the stand alone kind. See if you can get OBD2 communication.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts