SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After purchasing a set of black wheel nuts and seeing how that changed the look of the wheel, I wanted to complete the "blackout" look so I made the following mods.
1.) Painted the valve stems and wheel weights with Duplicolor satin black wheel paint. You can see the wheel weights in the photo below.
2.) Changed the valve caps to black with an SRT logo.
3.) The last OCD mod was to rotate all of the center caps so that the SRT logo is perpendicular to the valve stem on all 4 wheels. :rolleyes:CAUTION! I did this while the wheels were off the car by pushing the center cap out by hand from the back of the wheel. I would not try prying them out from the front due to fear of scratching the wheel.

Alloy wheel Rim Tire Wheel Spoke

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,829 Posts
After purchasing a set of black wheel nuts and seeing how that changed the look of the wheel, I wanted to complete the "blackout" look so I made the following mods.
1.) Painted the valve stems and wheel weights with Duplicolor satin black wheel paint. You can see the wheel weights in the photo below.
2.) Changed the valve caps to black with a SRT logo.
3.) The last OCD mod was to rotate all of the center caps so that the SRT logo is perpendicular to the valve stem on all 4 wheels. :rolleyes:CAUTION! I did this while the wheels were off the car by pushing the center cap out by hand from the back of the wheel. I would not try prying them out from the front due to fear of scratching the wheel.

View attachment 9513
Looks good!

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
2.) Changed the valve caps to black with an SRT logo.

View attachment 9513
I did all that too, except the center caps and I got covers, didn't want to risk the wrong lug nuts! Your Hellcat OCD is worse than mine!!! :D I even got the same stem covers. I had them before my car got here. I realize though I didn't prep the valve stems enough because the flat black Duplicolor I used has come off. I need to prep my surface better!

Great minds think alike! :D

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Did you noticed Dodge uses the cheapest stick on wheel weights of any manufacturer LOL. They look like the ones you buy in Harbor Freight!

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,650 Posts
It looks awesome. I did all but the valve stems. Did you just tape them off and spray them?

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,650 Posts
I did all that too, except the center caps and I got covers, didn't want to risk the wrong lug nuts! Your Hellcat OCD is worse than mine!!! :D I even got the same stem covers. I had them before my car got here. I realize though I didn't prep the valve stems enough because the flat black Duplicolor I used has come off. I need to prep my surface better!

Great minds think alike! :D
Get a can of spray paint adhesion. Good stuff.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It looks awesome. I did all but the valve stems. Did you just tape them off and spray them?
I sprayed the paint into a cup and used an artist brush to apply it. Two coats and I didn't tape them off. Tammie commented that her paint is flaking off the valve stems so I'll have to watch for that, however, she daily drives hers and mine will only be driven once in a while on sunny days so it may work for me.

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
I know you didn't ask me, but that's what I did. You need to prep them though. I am going to clean them and lightly sand next time. My paint came off.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
I don't paint mine because I always use a pressure washer. No way any paint brushed onto aluminum or the weights would hold up over time for me using a pressure washer. I don't mind the contrast but I think what you guys have done looks nice. I just want my wheels clean... I'm OK with some contrast here and there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.