SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
waiting on 2021 SRT Super Stock
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a couple Challengers show up in the Dodge inventory search in Octane red with the dual red stripes but the dealers have never had photos available. The color combo looks really cool on the build page but I'm wondering if it looks as good in reality. Does anyone have actual photos of one built this way. Charger with the same combination would be good to see as well.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
988 Posts
Bright red stripes on Octane Red?

I haven't seen it, but doesn't sound that great either IMO. I'm shocked if they would allow it either

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, looks good to me on the build site but I'm reserving judgement till I see an actual car

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,746 Posts
hmmm...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not knocking you by any means! just couldnt tell you if you were being genuine or poking fun.

personally OCD couldnt handle it with the different shades.
It reminds me of the unique stripe combinations mopar had on the early 70s muscle cars. I'm a fan of same color stripes with different tonal values.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,111 Posts
It reminds me of the unique stripe combinations mopar had on the early 70s muscle cars. I'm a fan of same color stripes with different tonal values.
show a pic? I'm a child so I unfortunately didnt get to grow up seeing such things.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
988 Posts
Yup, looks good to me on the build site but I'm reserving judgement till I see an actual car View attachment 572871
Hmmm...yeah, you've got four different reds going on there....
Octane Red for the paint
Demonic Red interior
Super bright red calipers
And then bright red racing stripes

That's quite the disaster sir, but to each their own

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,746 Posts
Good luck selling it. You’d have to find that needle in a haystack buyer someday. Everyone says they dont care, theyre keeping it forever but no one really does that lol.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,680 Posts
Surprised i like the red stripes on the Octane but I wouldnt order a red interior with it. Thats also probably the ONLY time I wouldnt order red calipers as well

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Surprised i like the red stripes on the Octane but I wouldnt order a red interior with it. Thats also probably the ONLY time I wouldnt order red calipers as well
The red interior is actually the only way Dodge lets you add the red stripes to the octane red challenger. I assume one of the designers chose the color combination. Would still like to see an actual photo of one.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmmm...yeah, you've got four different reds going on there....
Octane Red for the paint
Demonic Red interior
Super bright red calipers
And then bright red racing stripes

That's quite the disaster sir, but to each their own
And that's your opinion. As stated earlier, I would like to see an actual car to see how the combination looks. I recently ordered a Challenger and considered this combination but decided against it because I haven't seen it in person or a photo. I really like the red interior but none of the colors it's available with do anything for me. Octane red by itself completely bores me.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Good luck selling it. You’d have to find that needle in a haystack buyer someday. Everyone says they dont care, theyre keeping it forever but no one really does that lol.
lol dunno I'm good at buying, selling not so much...........Will have to advise family what it's actually worth on several things one of these days

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
387 Posts
At first I was thinking that it didn't sound like something that would work, but after seeing it done, I think that it looks Pretty Cool! This isn't the greatest job, but Hopefully gives you a general idea:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts