SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am seeing -many- people keeping that strip on the car well after delivery. While I get it if you have a yellow jacket Demon, I gotta say it kinda looks a bit silly and out of place with any other color (sorry, just keepin' it real!)

That said, it got me to thinking....why not paint to match body color if you are hell bent on keeping it on? Can't imagine it being too difficult or expensive. I will consider this once I get my B5....(in 2038)...

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
2,594 Posts
They look horrible, if you must keep them definitely paint them. Others have done that and at least it doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb.

Reactions: HUNTER

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
3,012 Posts
I am seeing -many- people keeping that strip on the car well after delivery. While I get it if you have a yellow jacket Demon, I gotta say it kinda looks a bit silly and out of place with any other color (sorry, just keepin' it real!)

That said, it got me to thinking....why not paint to match body color if you are hell bent on keeping it on? Can't imagine it being too difficult or expensive. I will consider this once I get my B5....(in 2038)...
Ugly as fuk! Mine is Coming off as soon as it comes home. I picked mine up and went to the tint shop.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
2,594 Posts
Yes you too can make your $100,000, fastest production car ever look stupid in 1 easy step?

Yellow splitter guard!

·
1st Hemi, 2017 Challenger Hellcat after "51-Years"
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,119 Posts

mcjax0n,

Well as you have read there are mixed opinions on those.

I chose to have mine Reinstalled when I had the 1st 500-mile Oil & Filter change at Dodge Dealer.

It's like anything else, personal choice like some people loving Black and others loving White.

Whatever makes the guy and or gal that spent their money Happy is the Right and really Only thing actually important.

Terry

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
2,347 Posts

mcjax0n,

I chose to have mine Reinstalled when I had the 1st 500-mile Oil & Filter change at Dodge Dealer.

It's like anything else, personal choice like some people loving Black and others loving White.

Whatever makes the guy and or gal that spent their money Happy is the Right and really Only thing actually important.

Terry
Problem is the trap debris and rocks under them, which will scratch the top side of the splitter.

Also, it's like keeping the clear film that comes with modern electronics for protection. I'd does a job, but looks ehhh.

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,079 Posts
People paying $100 for these is ridiculous. They’re paying $100 to protect a $140 part. And looking :confused: IMO doing it.
*opinionpaidforbySlowpokeInc.andnotintendedforpublicapproval*

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
2,594 Posts
People paying $100 for these is ridiculous. They’re paying $100 to protect a $140 part. And looking :confused: IMO doing it.
*opinionpaidforbySlowpokeInc.andnotintendedforpublicapproval*
I’m BuddyG and I approve this message.

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,079 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
866 Posts
I painted mine black and it looks great! By great I mean you can barely see it. Very happy with the results and keeping a little protection.
Vehicle Wheel Alloy wheel Car Tire

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,825 Posts

mcjax0n,

Terry
While I do agree with you; yours also do not look so bad. As they match the cat color.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,825 Posts
While I do agree with you; yours also do not look so bad. As they match the cat color.
But, personally. I think that keeping them on is like keeping the Styrofoam protectors on your flat screen TV after you have wall mounted it.

Reactions: White Trash
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.