SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Same here with my '20 Charger Scat Pack that I've had for 6 months. MSRP was $50k and Vroom wants to give me $46,650 for it....I'd end up making a few bucks off it.

I was gonna go and sign the papers for my new car today, BUT I chickened out and didn't go in because I actually like this car. Where else can you get a decent sized sedan with 485hp? You can't.
I've tried to hate the car, but every time I get in and drive it and hear the V8......it pulls me back in. Ancient tech/old platform and all.

I'm torn what to do now...
I say keep it! It's a great car and I wouldn't sell my Scat if I didn't have another thrill ride.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody
201 Posts
Just thought I'd chime in with my Vroom offer. It's what all the cool kids are doing these days. LOL

Vroom offered me $70k for my '19 Challenger Redeye Widebody. It's pretty much fully loaded in great condition. 11,915 miles on the odometer.

I bought it for $72k used about 10 months ago.

I keep a spreadsheet of everything I've put into the car (other than fuel). My personal "you can sell it" rate has always been $400/mo. Once I've gotten enough value out of a car that I've only paid $400/mo or less, then I've reached my personal financial goal for the car. On this car, I've gone through brakes, tires, and two oil changes; I've had a couple of detailings; I had the mid-mufflers removed and added the MFER1 exhaust valve bypasses; and I also had a little bit of carry over from my previous car ('10 SRT8) where I didn't quite reach $400/mo before trading for the Redeye.

All in, my number to sell is $71.3k to break even at my $400/mo mark. So, it's really close. Vroom seems to undervalue based on my experience and I imagine I could haggle an extra $1.3k from a local dealer who can actually see the car in person.

But I don't think I'm going to sell. Like I said, I love this car. I'm still not 100% sure it's the one I want forever. But it's high enough in the rankings that I'm not willing to just sell it because I can. I may one day buy a Corvette and have it in the driveway next to the Hellcat, but that's a story for another day - and for another time when it's not such a seller's market. :)

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
802 Posts
Same here with my '20 Charger Scat Pack that I've had for 6 months. MSRP was $50k and Vroom wants to give me $46,650 for it....I'd end up making a few bucks off it.

I was gonna go and sign the papers for my new car today, BUT I chickened out and didn't go in because I actually like this car. Where else can you get a decent sized sedan with 485hp? You can't.
I've tried to hate the car, but every time I get in and drive it and hear the V8......it pulls me back in. Ancient tech/old platform and all.

I'm torn what to do now...
Chevy SS has entered the chat.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
9 Posts
Glad to hear you got a great offer. With all the crazy prices I entered my 2018 Trackhawk with 16K miles, but received a lower offer than I expected based on what I've seen them selling at. I'm assuming since it is modified is what drove down the offer.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
24 Posts
I checked Vroom the other night out of curiosity and they offered me $4k over what I paid for my 2016 Challenger a year ago. I love the car and it would be hard to replace but it was tempting.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
24 Posts
I work at a dealer and our inventory is probably %25 what it normally is. Our two overflow lots are empty and six months ago you couldn't fit another car on them. TRXs, Wrangler 392s and Wrangler 4xEs are getting inspected right off the truck and delivered. A salesman friend told me they arent even negotiating from sticker price at this point.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Just for kicks I put in my 2019 Challenger REWB with Vroom. It came back at $64,000, which $16,000 less than it stickered. I have 7800 miles on it. It's a base car with just the 3.09 gears as an option. This is exactly $20,000 more than they are giving me for the 2019 Scat Pack, but the Hellcat stickered at $30,000 more. They probably want the loaded ones over my base model. Doesn't matter to me since it's going nowhere. Maybe I should keep the Scat for another month and see how high they get!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
24 Posts
It's strange. Its gotta be algorithm based. They offered me $6200 less than I paid for my truck in 2015 but only $7800 for my girlfriends 2018 Journey that cost $32k new.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
19 Posts
Yeah I researched it... Vroom, Carvana, and CarMax use an algorithm based heavily on your cars Carfax report + KBB value + their current stock + your location in the country. If your car has a flaw on the Carfax such as a reported accident, multiple owners, lemon history, etc... their offer dramatically decreases almost jokingly. Same goes for if they have a bunch of said cars in their current inventory when you submit an appraisal. The big weight in the algorithm is the Carfax report though since that is their major thing is selling "clean" title cars even though they recondition them once they receive them. They will also overpay if their current inventory is low just so they can get some inventory. Its a genius system honestly most of their money is made not in the sales, as they only profit 1-4k per sale, but in back of house through their warranties and their own financing because they set their own interest rates so they don't care about paying top dollar their main priority is simply volume so they can make money after the sale. Genius concept when you look into the logistics of it.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
24 Posts
Not to mention the lack of overhead having a lot with a service department and commissioned sales staff.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
24 Posts
It's pretty much a formula for how a local dealer is run on pricing put into a nationwide machine.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
24 Posts
The amount of money a successful local dealership makes is staggering. It's a license to print money if its run correctly. The owner of the dealer I work for just bought a 4.2 million dollar house in Florida. It's his third home. I cant imagine what a nationwide network would do without the traditional dealership overhead.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
914 Posts
Just thought I'd chime in with my Vroom offer. It's what all the cool kids are doing these days. LOL

Vroom offered me $70k for my '19 Challenger Redeye Widebody. It's pretty much fully loaded in great condition. 11,915 miles on the odometer.

I bought it for $72k used about 10 months ago.

I keep a spreadsheet of everything I've put into the car (other than fuel). My personal "you can sell it" rate has always been $400/mo. Once I've gotten enough value out of a car that I've only paid $400/mo or less, then I've reached my personal financial goal for the car. On this car, I've gone through brakes, tires, and two oil changes; I've had a couple of detailings; I had the mid-mufflers removed and added the MFER1 exhaust valve bypasses; and I also had a little bit of carry over from my previous car ('10 SRT8) where I didn't quite reach $400/mo before trading for the Redeye.

All in, my number to sell is $71.3k to break even at my $400/mo mark. So, it's really close. Vroom seems to undervalue based on my experience and I imagine I could haggle an extra $1.3k from a local dealer who can actually see the car in person.

But I don't think I'm going to sell. Like I said, I love this car. I'm still not 100% sure it's the one I want forever. But it's high enough in the rankings that I'm not willing to just sell it because I can. I may one day buy a Corvette and have it in the driveway next to the Hellcat, but that's a story for another day - and for another time when it's not such a seller's market. :)
I know the market is crazy, but that $70k offer is pretty generous. Even if you were able to get the $71.3k, I don't see a dealer selling it (or trying to) for $75k as a 2 year old used car now.
The Redeyes take a pretty big hit on the depreciation up front (if they're $90k or whatever) and then come close to settling down to regular Hellcat prices....from what I've seen.

It's a nice car, don't get me wrong, but only to the right buyer. Most will just look to a regular Hellcat for thousands less instead.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
11 Posts
It's very strange, I put my 2016 Plum Crazy Hellcat for sale in February through a consignment car seller here in Wisconsin, 16k miles, it is listed at $54,900, and I have had -zero- offers. Car is near spotless. I'm watching the market go crazy, thinking this car should get sold any day now. I have been told by a few lookers that it has too many miles. Go figure..
I purchased my 2016 Charger Hellcat in June of 2016 for $56K with 7k miles on odometer with original window sticker reading $71 k, and realize you have similar mileage now, but this purchase of mine was 5 years ago and it looks like your handle says yours is a Challenger with a cheaper price tag not a Charger so this maybe the reason for no offers, last I checked when I plugged my car into Carvana offer about 6 months ago they were offering around 42k with 30k on odometer in good condition (was a non-garaged everyday drive until retirement nearly 3 years ago! You might want to reevaluate your numbers by plugging info into kbb,nada,autotrader etc. Good luck and happy 😼😹

21 - 38 of 38 Posts