Challenger SRT Hellcat
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking with my tuner and planning to do the following build initially:
1300cc ID injectors
IW 9.3% lower
180 degree thermostat
Billet catch can

I'm doing this with plans to eventually upgrade for E85/93 flex tune with a triple fuel pump and 2.72 litens upper pulley.
I'm being told that I'll be fine with the initial setup but would have to get offroad midpipes or headers with offroad pipe at the next level. Is this required for the power level increase or just running e85 in general? I have the vibrant 1604's currently and love the sound. I'm not interested in it being any louder so just don't want to mess with the sound I currently have.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,777 Posts
My first guess is a possible issue with Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT). You might overheat the cats depending how you're going to be tuned, and that's not fun.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,718 Posts
Not an issue. My car makes 892whp through the cats on E85 which is just over 1000hp at the crank. The stock cats are VERY durable. You will likely gain some power though with off-road pipes when the cat is modified. Once you remove the cats though, the car is going to be VERY loud, I put my cats back on after about 3 months without them. I couldn't take it any more. It sounded like NASCAR running open headers at full throttle.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
694 Posts
I have similar setup ati lower/2.85 upper, ID1300, e85 flex tune and still have stock cats. No issues so far going on a year and half now. I have also heard people say you need to go catless at higher power levels but a reputable tuner told me thats not true and stock is fine.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,718 Posts
I have similar setup ati lower/2.85 upper, ID1300, e85 flex tune and still have stock cats. No issues so far going on a year and half now. I have also heard people say you need to go catless at higher power levels but a reputable tuner told me thats not true and stock is fine.
Same here, heard the exact same thing and so far, it has been correct.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome thanks a ton yall. yeah every sound clip i've listened to with catless sounds way too loud for me. i'm gonna tell them i want to hold off and keep the beautiful sound of these vibrants

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you don't mind me asking, who is your tuner? I'm going through Peitz in Houston who I've heard great things about

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, who is your tuner? I'm going through Peitz in Houston who I've heard great things about
Oh nice! I’m actually doing my E85 setup with them as well. Hopefully have it to them in the next couple weeks! I thought the same thing when they recommended the off road mid pipes as well.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh nice! I’m actually doing my E85 setup with them as well. Hopefully have it to them in the next couple weeks! I thought the same thing when they recommended the off road mid pipes as well.
We may cross paths then haha. I just put a deposit down and should be going in September. I'll have to drive down from San Antonio and leave it there for about a week

·
Registered
143 Posts
Peitz is who tuned mine as well, I didn't go e85 yet as I'm tuned for 91/100 & I was told to swap out the Cats.
I'm Stainless works Midpipe and yea it's louder which doesn't bother me at all.

My biggest gripe is that the Nice Carven Tips i installed now Stick out a solid inch from the valance because the midpipe connections seem to push it back that much. That's the only thing I wish I could take back

·
Registered
43 Posts
We may cross paths then haha. I just put a deposit down and should be going in September. I'll have to drive down from San Antonio and leave it there for about a week
Haha we might. I actually spoke to Michael yesterday to put together the final details on my build. Seems like a nice guy and answered all the questions I had for him. I'm putting my deposit down this coming week and I'll be taking my car in late September/early October possibly. I couldn't be more excited!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts